Explore the enchanting ecosphere of Freshwater Creek Lagoon - the Garifuna Way!!!
Palmento Grove Cultural & Fishing Lodge sits along the Fresh Water Creek Lagoon offering a remarkable experience that includes kayaking, fishing & cultural food exploration. Discover all of its marvels-the lagoon's history and its beauty!Grab a paddle and glide alongthe cool and calm waterways with your family while being guided by an indigenous fisher-folk. Explore the splendor of thisecologically importantwatershed and its breathtaking viewsof the Maya Mountains & the Caribbean Sea.Savor romantic momentswith nature as you waltzthrough the mangrove forests & islands. Interact with the abundantwildlife within the sanctuary.Relax on the beach or at the lodge where the catch of the day is grilled and served with the best of cultural starch & dessert, fresh vegetable salad, and fresh fruit juice or cultural Drink.
- Tour departs from Palmento Grove Lodge at 7:45am and 3:00pm daily
- Accompanied by a guide & fisherman you'll explore the magnificent world in the mangrove tunnel
- Upon exiting the mangrove tunnel fishing starts. Witness the traditional throwing of our fishing net before venturing into drop line fishing.
- Relax on the beach after about 2 hours of paddling and fishing while your fresh catch fishes are prepared for the grill after which lunch is served.
- Paddling back to home based is a 20 minutes sprint.
- Guides, Kayak, paddles, life jacket, water, food & repellent are included
- Pickup from hotel can be arranged for an additional cost
- Fly fishing rods can be brought
- Sunscreen required
- Dress appropriately as exposure to sunlight is likely
- Swimming can be done at the beach