Belize Zoo And The Museum Of Belize Tour - Belize CityWrite a Review
The zoo was created as a sanctuary for the countryâÂÂs indigenous species and is now home to an impressive array of large cats, primates, reptiles and birds.
A visit to the zoo gives you the opportunity to see BelizeâÂÂs amazing wildlife in one location.
- Led by a local guide
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Instant Confirmation
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourXunantunich and Belize Zoo adventure begins as you head for the wildlife habitat known as The Belize Zoo.
The zoo was created as a sanctuary for the country’s indigenous species and is now home to an impressive array of large cats, primates, reptiles and birds. A visit to the zoo gives you the opportunity to see Belize’s amazing wildlife in one location. The adventure continues with a scenic drive up the Western Highway to the Cayo District.
Altun Ha Jewelry pieces are on display at the site, many of which was found in the temple of the “Green Tomb.” Also found was a solid jade head weighing almost 10 pounds and standing 6 inches in height. This treasure is the largest jade carving found at any Mayan site and it was discovered in the temple of the “Sun God”, which is the tallest building, standing over 54 feet from the plaza floor. On this fully guided tour around historic Belize City, you will see many places of interest, including the ancient swing bridge over Haulover Creek, which is turned open by manpower. You’ll also visit the oldest Anglican cathedral in Central America, St. John’s Cathedral built from bricks used as ballast in sailing ships of old. Directly across the street you, will visit Government House, once home to the colonial Governors and now a museum.
Inclusions for Belize Zoo And The Museum Of Belize Tour
- Entrance fees
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Hotel/port pickup
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
Exclusions for Belize Zoo And The Museum Of Belize Tour
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
A moderate amount of walking is involved
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.