Bella Vista Trekking Tour With Transport From BarilocheWrite a Review
OverviewEnjoy the stunning natural beauty of Bariloche and the surrounding Patagonian Andes on a trekking tour up Bella Vista Hill (Cerro Bella Vista). With an experienced local guide, hike up to the summit of Bella Vista to be rewarded with spectacular views of Moreno Lake, Nahuel Huapi Lake and the snowcapped mountains. Lunch and snacks are included, as is round-trip hotel transport.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Free snacks included
- Led by a local guide
- Lunch included
Know More about this tourAfter hotel pickup in Bariloche, your trekking tour starts with the 20-minute drive west of town to the Cerro Bella Vista trailhead, where you’ll begin your hike with your guide.
Trek along the trail to El Tambo, where the path begins to climb up the southeast ridge of Bella Vista through an old-growth forest of coihue trees; look for wildflowers and native birds in the dense undergrowth. Keep ascending, spotting wild orchids and switching into a forest of lenga trees (watch for woodpeckers!). As you climb, you'll start to see Lake Moreno (Lago Moreno), and you can listen to your guide’s commentary about the native plants and animals that live in this part of the Patagonian Andes.
Eventually, reach the top! The summit of Bella Vista stands at an elevation of 5,577 feet (1,700 meters), providing an excellent reward of 360-degree views for your hard work. When you get there, take a break to rest your legs and replenish your energy with lunch provided by your guide. Lunch typically includes beef sandwiches with Gouda cheese, tomatoes and arugula; smoked trout sandwiches; or zucchini quiche with eggplant and Gorgonzola. Then, soak up the marvelous views of Lake Moreno, as well as views of Nahuel Huapi Lake (Lago Nahuel Huapi) and surrounding Nahuel Huapi National Park (Parque Nacional Nahuel Huapi).
Depending on the pace of your group and how often you pause to rest or snap photos, the trek to the summit will take three to four hours; the trail is steep with a medium level of difficulty and a vertical rise of 2,300 feet (700 meters); bottled water and snacks such as fresh fruit or cereal bars are provided so you can stay hydrated and energized during the trek. The walk back down the same path lasts two to three hours. Then return to the vehicle for the drive back to Bariloche.
Inclusions for Bella Vista Trekking Tour With Transport From Bariloche
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
Exclusions for Bella Vista Trekking Tour With Transport From Bariloche
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 14 years
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
A large amount of walking is involved with a medium level of difficulty
Not recommended for participants with back problems
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.