Berlin Culture And Modern Architecture Tour Including Kreuzberg Visit
OverviewBerlin is known for its turbulent history, but in recent years its urbanization and thriving culture scene has made it one of the most dynamic and vibrant cities in Europe. Witness the artistic, cultural and architectural transformation of the German capital on this 4-hour walking tour. Explore Potsdamer Platz and the government quarter to see where striking contemporary architecture has revived a city center once divided by the Berlin Wall, and see how old buildings have been repurposed into innovative art spaces in the flourishing district of Friedrichshain-Kreuzberg.
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
Know More about this tourMake your own way to Zoologischer Garten station (Zoo Station) in the heart of West Berlin to meet your guide and embark on your 4-hour walking tour.
Start with a walk through the government quarter with its huge chancellery and glitzy new government offices. While admiring the buildings, learn about Germanys political administration, which has been heavily influenced by the countrys tempestuous past.
Continue on to Potsdamer Platz, an important public square that was devastated during World War II and later split in half by the Berlin Wall. Erected during the Cold War, the wall divided the city into two halves (West Berlin and East Berlin) until the late 1980s.
Here, see remarkable new buildings that have filled in gaps produced by years of war and division, and view gorgeous new parks that have replaced industrial wastelands. As you stroll, listen to your guide share stories of the challenges Berlin faced in connecting a city that had been divided for so long.
Next, stroll through the legendary neighborhood of Kreuzberg, the heart of Berlins thriving art scene and immigrant community. Admire some of the areas most renowned street art and graffiti pieces, and see old buildings that have been transformed into artist spaces, studios and exhibition rooms. Stop to visit one of these venues, the Kunstquartier Bethanien, and learn about the old hospital that was saved from being torn down in the 1970s by local citizens.
Your tour ends in the hip Friedrichshain neighborhood near the East Side Gallery.
Inclusions for Berlin Culture And Modern Architecture Tour Including Kreuzberg Visit
- Professional guide
Exclusions for Berlin Culture And Modern Architecture Tour Including Kreuzberg Visit
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please note: a public transport day pass covering zones AB is required during the tour (6.90 Euros)
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.