OverviewThis 4.5-hour Berlin Cold War Teufelsberg Walking Tour is truly a one of a kind tour. Start at the Berlin Wall Memorial, head to the East Side Gallery and walk along the longest surviving stretch of the Wall. Then head off the beaten track to the Grunewald forest to ascend the Teufelsberg or Devils Mountain to see the top-secret Spy Facility that was developed there.
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Get inside tips from a local
Know More about this tour
Step back in time to post-war Berlin when it was the battleground of ideas and became the focal point of the Geo-political struggle between East and West during the Cold War, a war of smoke and mirrors.
Starting your 4.5-hour walking tour at the Berlin Wall Memorial, you will be given the complete background to the Berlin Wall, why and how it was constructed and its subsequent development over its 28 years of existence. Here you see the only completely preserved part of the wall with all of its composite elements surviving in Berlin today and hear some of the personal stories of triumph and tragedy of those who tried and often failed to escape to the west.
From there the tour heads to the East Side Gallery and you will walk along the longest surviving stretch of the wall and officially the largest outdoor art gallery in the world and see the incredible and iconic street art which actually led to its preservation.
From the East Side gallery you will head off the beaten track to the Grunewald forest and to ascend the Teufelsberg or Devils Mountain. Overlying Albert Speers unfinished military technical facility the hill was constructed from millions of cubic meters of rubble which was cleared from Berlin after the war. With the construction of the Berlin Wall and the deteriorating relations between the East and West the site became incredibly significant and a top-secret spy facility was developed there and remained in use right up until the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989.
As well as exploring its role and function during the Cold War and the breath-taking views over Berlin you will also see how the site, now privately owned, is being redeveloped and re-purposed for multiple community projects and has now became one of the largest street art galleries in Europe, with the works of many world-famous artists adorning the exposed walls of the spy station.
Inclusions for Berlin Half-Day Cold War Teufelsberg Morning Walking Tour
- Local guide
Exclusions for Berlin Half-Day Cold War Teufelsberg Morning Walking Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.