Berlin Half-Day Cold War Tour To Teufelsberg
OverviewSee the abandoned spy tower on top of Teufelsberg, Devil's Mountain, just west of Berlin. Tour historic places of border-crossing and the Berlin wall on the way to Teufelsberg. Come explore the Cold War in Berlin in one of the only live tours to a NSA abandoned spy station. This amazing Berlin Cold War tour will bring history to life.
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourThis tour will start in the center of the city. Head over to the site of the old Berlin wall and see the crossing point at the Palace of Tears. Learn about the different sides of the city that are still visible today, and see parts of the wall that still stand. After you leave the Berlin wall behind and head west, we will head out to Teufelsberg, or Devils Mountain.
The hill itself was built with rubble left from the devastation after WW2. The project was initially set to fill in the site of the Nazi military college, but with the amount of material being cleared from the city, a massive hill was formed. Later, after the rise of the Berlin wall, the United States started developing listening and spy technologies on top of Teufelsberg with the purpose if intercepting east German communications. Many of the major buildings from this project still remain, including three large radar domes.
The area and buildings on Teufelsberg are now privately owned, and no major construction has taken place on the site. However, much of the buildings and land have been re-purposed in typical Berlin fashion. There is a team of creative engineers that work on various projects on the mountain. Some include, bee keeping, alternative heating and living projects, re-purposed stores, and one of largest indoor street art gallery's in the world.
Inclusions for Berlin Half-Day Cold War Tour To Teufelsberg
- Entrance fees
- All activities
- Local guide
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Berlin Half-Day Cold War Tour To Teufelsberg
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
The walk up to Teufelsberg can be a little steep and muddy after it rains and takes about 25 minutes at a casual pace.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Soviet Berlin compact - private tour
- Bitemojo self-guided culinary tours of Berlin: Prenzlauer Berg Vegan Food Tour
- Bitemojo self-guided culinary tours of Berlin: Charlottenburg Food Tour
- Bitemojo self-guided culinary tours of Berlin: Prenzlauer Berg Food Tour
- Bitemojo self-guided culinary tours of Berlin: Neuklln Food Tour
- Bitemojo culinary tours of Berlin: Mitte Between the Berlin Wall and Hackescher Markt
- Anouschka Renzi shows her personal Berlin - on tour with a celebrity
- Stars To Go - Gerlinde Jnicke - Berlin Tour with a celebrity