Berlin Private 6-Hour Tour To Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp Memorial
OverviewSachsenhausen was the nearest concentration camp to Hitlers Reich Capital, Berlin. Over nine years the Nazis used the forced labour camp to imprison 200,000 people that would then subjected them to starvation, torture, medical experimentation, and murder. Join one of our specially licensed guides to learn the complex history of the site that was the head of the Nazi SS concentration camp system.
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Multiple departure times and locations available
- Small group ensures personal service
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tour
Begin this daylong trip to Sachsenhausen in the morning, when you meet your private guide at the Hackescher Markt train station in East Berlin. Board the train for a 45-minute ride to the Sachsenhausen Memorial and Museum in Oranienburg, making sure you've brought along the appropriate money for your fares and entrance fees. (It is also recommended to pack a lunch, water, and snacks for this trip.)
Opened in the summer of 1936, Sachsenhausen eventually imprisoned more than 200,000 people. Slave laborers were put through a punishing schedule wherein all prisoners were starved, overworked, and deprived of sleep. Horribly unhygienic conditions made sure that contagious disease was rife in the camp. Tens of thousands of prisoners died of starvation, forced labor, mistreatment, or systematic execution.
Be ledthrough the sites history by yourspecially trained, licensed guide. Learn more about thecomplex, sensitive history of the concentration camp systemas you visitimportant sites including the camp prison, the Jewish barracks, the roll call yard, Tower A, the infirmary barracks andpathology lab, the camp kitchen, and "Station Z" the execution grounds.
You'll havetime to read and exploresome exhibitions alone, as well as with your guide. At the end of the tour your guide will accompany you on the train back to Berlin, where you'll arrive about 6 hours after you left.
Inclusions for Berlin Private 6-Hour Tour To Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp Memorial
- Hotel pickup
- Professional Berlin guide, specially trained and licensed for tours at Sachsenhausen
- Map of Berlin including public transport info and museum highlights
- Map of Sachsenhausen with historical information
Exclusions for Berlin Private 6-Hour Tour To Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp Memorial
- Public transport costs (7.60 EUR for ABC day pass, 17.80 EUR for group pass for up to five people. Prices subject to change).
- 1.20 EUR per person entrance fee
- Food and drink(please bring with you)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
The site can get busy, so it is recommended to begin the tour between 8am and 10am, but up to 12pm is possible
Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- 4G Pocket WiFi in Berlin: Mobile Hotspot for 3 Days or More
- Berlin Highlights Sightseeing Cruise With Cheese And Wine
- Berlin Small-Group Half-Day Walking Tour: David Bowie and the End of the World with a Historian Guide
- Small Group Introductory Tour of Berlin Capital of Culture Tyranny and Tolerance
- Private Tour: Potsdam Day Trip from Berlin
- Private Half-Day Minivan Tour from Berlin to Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp