Berlin Private Half-Day Walking Tour: Discover The German Capital’s History
OverviewEnjoy a 4-hour private walking tour in Berlin and discover the German capital with a private guide. In the past 100 years Germany has been the capital of an empire, the center of an artistic and sexual revolution, a fascist dictatorship, torn into two countries, and finally brought back together: and it all happened in Berlin! Book this private tour to discover Berlin’s exciting and tragic past.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Multiple departure times and locations available
- All-inclusive tour
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Small group ensures personal service
Know More about this tour
Choose a time that best works for your schedule, then meet your private guide at your centrally located Berlin hotel to embark on this half-day tour of the German capital city's history and highlights. Discover how a small town built on a swamp became one of the most powerful cities in the world as you trace 800 years of history while walking to the city's main sights.
Get to know all about Berlin at your own pace; your personal guide will tailor the tour to your liking. After beginning the tour in Berlin's historic city center, head tothe UNESCO World Heritage Site Museum Island tosee neo-classical architecture andlearn about the Prussians ambition to turn Berlin into a world city. Walk the entire length of the former royal boulevard Unter den Linden, passing byGermanys central war memorial, the site of the Nazis first book burning at Bebelplatz, and the former Soviet Embassy.
Snap a photo in front of theBrandenburg Gate, originally built as an entrance to the city for the Prussian kings. Walk through the gate tothe German parliament buildingthe Reichstagbefore visitingthe Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe. Relax over a cup of coffee at your own expense before moving on to the site of Adolf Hitlers bunker, where the dictator committed suicide just before the end of WWII. Learn about the fallout from the Second World War, which eventuallyledto the division of Germany into two separate states. See remnants of this division atthe former Berlin Wall and Checkpoint Charlie.
The tour endsat what's considered to be Berlins most beautiful square, the Gendarmenmarkt, with its twin 18th-centuryFrench and German cathedralsand its19th-century neo-classical Concert House.
Inclusions for Berlin Private Half-Day Walking Tour: Discover The German Capital’s History
- Hotel pick up
- Expert local guide
- Map of Berlin including top museum recommendations and public transport info
Exclusions for Berlin Private Half-Day Walking Tour: Discover The German Capital’s History
- Food and drink
- Gratuities (optional)
- Public transport costs (single ticket in Berlin is 2.70, Day Pass is 7.00, Group ticket for 5 people is 17.30, prices subject to change)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Wheelchair accessible - if assistance is required, passenger must provide their own caregiver
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.