OverviewWhile docked at the Warnemünde cruise port, discover Berlin on this private, guided, full-day historical walking/riding tour. Enjoy personalized attention while visiting the city's highlights and hidden sites.
- Separate driver ensures your guides full attention throughout the day
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Led by a local guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Seasonal Offer
Know More about this tourBegin this full-day tour with a Warnemünde pickup by our local driver. After a 2.5-hour ride south from the port meet your local Berlin guide in front of the impressive Schloss Charlottenburg. This private tour can be customized to individual preferences. Drive around and walk through the city with an expert guide,who will provide a detailed account of Berlin’s fascinating and oftentimes troubled history.
Delve into the history of Berlin with a tour that charts the city's development from the time of the Teutonic Knights through to its key role in the major events of the twentieth century, as capital of the Nazi Third Reich, as the divided city of the Cold War, and as the modern capital of a unified Germany in the new Europe!
Stroll down Berlin's royal boulevard and retrace the city's evolution from a pagan fishing village into the capital of Prussia, a center of the Enlightenment under Frederick the Great, the scene of occupation by Napoleon, and the capital of Bismarck's German empire.Discover the brilliant memorial for the Nazi book burning close to where Marx studied and Albert Einstein taught.
Walk across the final battlefield of WWII and find out how the peculiar events surrounding the Reichstag fire led to the Nazis' rise to power in 1933. Stand at the site of Hitler's bunker: an in-depth account of the claustrophobic last days spent inside, Hitler’s suicide, the fate of his remains and what became of the bunker itself.
Explore the Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe and get the inside story behind the incredible controversy surrounding it. The Wall: the secret history of why it went up and how Berlin was divided overnight. Visit one of the longest remaining sections of the wall left standing close to the former SS & Gestapo HQ.See where President Reagan spoke the famous words: 'Mr Gorbachev, tear down this wall!' and where JFK was confronted with the Iron Curtain.
Pass through Checkpoint Charlie and discover the site where the Stasi and CIA spied on each other and heroic and tragic escape attempts were made - we'll share the amazing stories surrounding this Cold War crossing point. Visit Berlin's spectacular new government quarter and get a feel for the contemporary face of the city, its development since the fall of the Wall, and its future direction.When you are ready for a break the guide will suggest a variety of lunch options, such as a traditional German beer garden, or top notch Turkish or Vietnamese cuisine, two of Berlin's largest immigrant populations. The tour concludes with a 2.5-hour drive north and a Warnemünde cruise port drop-off.
Worry-free Shore Excursion: We will ensure your timely return back to the ship in Warnemuende for this activity. If your ship is delayed and you are unable attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Inclusions for Berlin Shore Excursion: Hidden Berlin And All Main Sites From Warnemuende
- Driver and seperate guide
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Round-trip private transfer
- Transport by air-conditioned mini-bus
- Worry-free Shore Excursion
Exclusions for Berlin Shore Excursion: Hidden Berlin And All Main Sites From Warnemuende
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.