Berlin Small-Group Half-Day Walking Tour: David Bowie And The End Of The World With A Historian Guide
OverviewTour back to decadent cold war of the 1970's that inspired Bowie's classic Berlin albums.Starting at the legendary club Zoo Station, we follow Bowie's trail to the flat he shared with Iggy Pop.Take a stroll by the Hansa recording studios where Bowie’s music reached its creative peak. Discover Bowie's strange inspirational attachment to his adopted dystopia of Cold War angst. Explore Berlin, which he described as “cut off from its world, art and culture, dying with no hope of retribution.” Visit and explore Bowie's favorite Berlin clubs and cafes.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Small group ensures personal service
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourWhen David Bowie moved to Berlin in 1976, he found an island of Cold War angst, cut off from its world, art and culture, dying with no hope of retribution. This tour takes you back to the decadent 1970s city that inspired Bowies classic Berlin albums Low, Heroes and Lodger. Starting at Cold War West Berlins decadent heart, Zoo Station, we follow Bowies trail to the flat he shared with Iggy Pop, the clubs they partied in and the legendary Hansa recording studios where Bowies music reached its creative peak.
Sites visited on this tour usually include:
- Bahnhof Zoo
- former Dschungel Club
- Potsdamer Platz
- Hansa Studios
- Berlin Wall
- Topographie of Terror
- Bowies former home
- Neues Ufer caf
Inclusions for Berlin Small-Group Half-Day Walking Tour: David Bowie And The End Of The World With A Historian Guide
- Tour guide (historian, professor, doctoral student, journalist, or published author)
Exclusions for Berlin Small-Group Half-Day Walking Tour: David Bowie And The End Of The World With A Historian Guide
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions:You will need to use public transport a few times, since the distances between some key sites would be too far to walk. If you will not have a few days visitor's transit pass to Berlin already, we suggest that you purchase the day metro pass. If you cannot purchase it in advance, your guide will help you purchase it at the first metro station on the tour
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Small Group Introductory Tour of Berlin Capital of Culture Tyranny and Tolerance
- Private Tour: Potsdam Day Trip from Berlin
- Private Half-Day Minivan Tour from Berlin to Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp
- Private Custom Walking Tour of East And West Berlin Including Double-Decker Ride
- Berlin 3-Day Hop-On Hop-Off Combo Tour: City Circle Plus Mitte, Kreuzberg, Friedrichshain and Prenzlauer Berg