OverviewStep back in time to medieval Switzerland and explore the countrys rural heartlands on this Bern day trip from Lucerne. Travel through the mountainous Entlebuch Valley a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve with your guide; visit the Kambly Experience to see how Switzerlands finest biscuits are made; and explore Berns UNESCO World Heritagelisted Old Town. Then, gain insight into the ancient art of Emmental cheesemaking during a visit to a show dairy. Enjoy personal attention from your guide on this small-group tour, limited to 16 people.
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
Know More about this tourHop aboard your air-conditioned minivan in central Lucerne and journey out into the countryside to begin your tour. As you travel, listen as your guide talks of the region’s rich history and culture and enjoy stunning views of the scenic Entlebuch Valley — an area of unspoilt moorlands and Alpine pasture designated a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve.
Head through Trubschachen in the Upper Emmental Valley and admire classic Swiss Alpine scenery such as crystal-clear streams and soaring, snow-capped mountains. Stop at the Kambly Experience — one of Switzerland’s biggest biscuit producers — and discover how the sweet treats are made. Enjoy a tasting session and sample several different biscuit varieties for yourself.
Continue on to the UNESCO World Heritage city of Bern, the medieval capital of Switzerland. With pretty, red-roofed buildings and cobbled streets, Bern is considered by many to be Switzerland’s most attractive city.
Explore Bern’s ancient Old Town with your guide and discover picturesque local landmarks including the 328-foot (100-meter) spire of Bern Minster. Discover top city attractions such as the imposing parliament building and the clock tower, and enjoy beautiful views over the Aare River. Afterward, enjoy a little free time in Bern to eat lunch (own expense) or shop for souvenirs.
Back aboard your minivan, continue into the heart of Emmental, a patchwork of lush pastureland and traditional dairy farms nestled deep in the Swiss countryside. Visit an Emmental dairy with your guide and watch as the various ingredients are worked over by hand, and discover how Emmentaler AOP is made. At the end of your tour, sample some of deliciously nutty cheese before departing for Lucerne, where your tour concludes.
Inclusions for Bern Day Trip From Lucerne Including Emmental Dairy Visit
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Professional guide
- Admission to Kambly Experience
- Biscuit samples
- Admission to Emmental Show Dairy
- Cheese samples and 1 soft drink
Exclusions for Bern Day Trip From Lucerne Including Emmental Dairy Visit
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks (unless specified)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Infants and children under 5 travel for free, but they must be registered on the booking
Tour limited to 16 participants
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Lucerne City Walking Tour
- Independent Mount Rigi Tour From Lucerne Including Lake Lucerne Cruise
- Authentic Swiss Experience From Lucerne: Watch Producer Visit, Boat Ride, Rigi Mountain And Chocolate Adventure
- Small-Group Swiss Alps Day Trip From Lucerne
- Zurich Combo From Lucerne: Zurich Sightseeing, Rhine Falls And Stein Am Rhein
- Swiss Chocolate Adventure Experience At Swiss Museum Of Transport In Lucerne
- Guided City Walk Of Lucerne And Its Fortifications
- Mount Pilatus Golden Tour
- Essential Lucerne Photography Tour
- 4 Lakes Lucerne Bike Tour