Spend a day in the breathtaking Alps on this day trip from Lucerne to the stunning UNESCO World Heritage-listed region of Jungfraujoch. Travel by coach through the fairy-tale landscapes of the Bernese Oberland, stopping in Interlaken and then Grindelwald for a cogwheel train ride halfway up the mountain to Kleine Scheidegg. Enjoy free time to explore this high mountain pass and enjoy unbeatable views of the iconic Eiger North Face. This tour is perfect for those who want fantastic Alpine panoramas without going all the way to the mountain's daunting summit of 11,750 feet (3,454 meters).
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourYour multilingual guide — who speaks English, Spanish and German — will greet you at the Lucerne Tourist Information Office in the morning and invite you to step aboard the luxury coach for a scenic 1-hour drive to Interlaken. You'll travel through one of the most idyllic regions in Switzerland, the Bernese Oberland, to the heart of the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Jungfraujoch region.
Take a quick guided tour of Interlaken, a popular town situated between two lakes. Then head to the nearby village of Grindelwald, where you'll board the cogwheel train for a spectacular ride to the foot of Switzerland’s most impressive Alpine panorama. Admire marvelous views of the famous triple peaks of Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau as you ride halfway up the mountain to the Kleine Scheidegg mountain pass, located at 6,762 feet (2,061 meters) above sea level.
You’ll have approximately four hours of free time here to explore and take in the sensational Alpine environment. Soak up a sweeping panorama of the Bernese Alps and the best possible views of the Eiger North Face, a famous mountain featured in films such as The Eiger Sanction, starring Clint Eastwood.
If you'd like, take a self-guided hike along the Jungfrau Eiger Walk (seasonal trails open late June to October) and capture photos of the rock and ice masses of Eiger Glacier. You'll find several easily accessible hiking trails of moderate difficulty to explore at your leisure.
For a taste of the region, head to one of the several local restaurants to enjoy some traditional Swiss cuisine.
Meet your guide in the late afternoon and board the train for the downhill ride to Lauterbrunnen, passing the holiday resort town of Wengen along the way. Then board the coach for your 1-hour drive back to Lucerne.
Inclusions for Bernese Oberland Alps Day Trip From Lucerne: Kleine Scheidegg And Jungfraujoch Panorama
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Multilingual guide
- Round-trip cogwheel train from Grindelwald to Kleine Scheidegg
Exclusions for Bernese Oberland Alps Day Trip From Lucerne: Kleine Scheidegg And Jungfraujoch Panorama
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
Warm clothing and sturdy shoes recommended
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.