Bernese Oberland Alps Day Trip From Zurich: Kleine Scheidegg And Jungfraujoch Panorama
OverviewOn this day trip from Zurich, venture through the scenic Bernese Oberland Alps to Kleine Scheidegg, halfway up the stunning UNESCO World Heritage-listed Jungfraujoch mountain pass. Travel by coach to Interlaken and then take the cogwheel train from Grindelwald to Kleine Scheidegg, where you’ll have time to explore independently and soak up amazing Alpine panoramas. This tour gives you a fantastic view of the iconic Eiger North Face!
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourHead to the Sihlquai Bus Terminal near the Zurich train station in the morning to meet your guide who speaks English, Spanish and German and board your luxury coach. Relax on the scenic drive through the Bernese Oberland, touted as one of the most idyllic regions in Switzerland.
After a 2-hour drive, arrive in Interlaken in the heart of the Jungfraujoch region. Break here for a quick stop in this famous town, situated between Lake Thun and Lake Brienz.
Then, continue driving to the nearby village of Grindelwald. Board the cogwheel train here for a jaw-dropping ride to Kleine Scheidegg, a mountain pass located at the foot of Switzerlands most impressive Alpine panorama. Enjoy amazing views of the famous triple peaks of Eiger, Mnch and Jungfrau as you ride halfway up the mountain.
The top of the mountain reaches an astounding 11,750 feet (3,454 meters) above sea level. Ideal for those who are afraid of heights, this tour only takes you halfway up, to 6,762 feet (2,061 meters). But dont worry, this wont compromise the scenery; from Kleine Scheidegg, youll be treated to sweeping vistas of the Bernese Alps and unbeatable views of the famous Eiger North Face, featured in films such as The Eiger Sanction starring Clint Eastwood.
Youll have several hours of free time here to explore and take in the sensational Alpine environment. This area offers something for everyone: take a self-guided hike along the easily accessible Jungfrau Eiger Walk (several seasonal trails of moderate difficulty open late June to October); snap photos of the rock and ice masses of Eiger Glacier; or head to one of several local restaurants to enjoy some regional cuisine (own expense).
In the afternoon, meet your guide and board the train for the descent to Lauterbrunnen. Pass the holiday resort town of Wengen, known for events such as the Lauberhorn Races and Jungfrau Marathon. Then board the coach and return to Zurich in the evening.
Inclusions for Bernese Oberland Alps Day Trip From Zurich: Kleine Scheidegg And Jungfraujoch Panorama
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Multilingual guide
- Round-trip cogwheel train to Kleine Scheidegg
Exclusions for Bernese Oberland Alps Day Trip From Zurich: Kleine Scheidegg And Jungfraujoch Panorama
- Hotel pick-up and Hotel drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
Warm clothing and sturdy shoes recommended
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.