OverviewYour own personalised tour guide, taking you on a spectacular trip round the world famous city walls! You are provided a unique guided tour experience - you will be picked up at your hotel, or in town at a place of your choosing, at a time to suit you. You will be taken around the walls, no big groups to tag along with or time schedules to keep, and even arrange coffee/food along the way at some of York's very best food and drink establishments.
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Get inside tips from a local
- Small group ensures personal service
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Know More about this tourThe walls of York have a rich and bloodthirsty history stretching back nearly 2000 years. Whilst free to walk on, visitors can often leave the city having missed out on discovering the secrets of the walls, and the city they have protected for so long. These personalised tours provide a totally unique, bespoke and entertaining history of the walls and the city they have protected for so long. Each tour is designed just for you, so please get in touch with the local provider if you have any special interests or needs.
Refreshments can also be arranged along the way with some excellent coffee shops, pubs and restaurants to check out (own expense), and in addition will also tour other parts of the city too (Castle, Minster, Shambles etc) should you require. As local tour guides passionate about the city, they can also handle any restaurant bookings or just general advice about other things to do in York during your stay.
As these are bespoke tours, please contact the local provider as soon as you can in advance so your booking can be guaranteed and the guides have enough time to prepare the tour for your adequately.
Please note that the walls close at dusk, and some parts are occasionally closed if there are icy conditions. Whilst the walls are well designed for tourists, wheelchair access is limited however please contact the local provider if you require disabled access as alternative routes which walk beside the walls, not on them, can be arranged.
Should you require an evening tour, please contact the local provider to discuss your requirements, often the guides focus more on the other areas of York as well as the walls to provide a more atmospheric experience.
Please note that on this tour it will beonly yourselves and your tour guide,for a truly personalized experience of the city.
Inclusions for Bespoke Walking Tour Of York Walls
- Tour escort/host
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (by foot, city centre hotels only)
- Small-group tour
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Bespoke Walking Tour Of York Walls
- Entrance fees (2 small museums located around the walls are available for entry separately)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please inform the local provider of the preferred pick up point at the time of booking.
Children must be accompanied by an adult/senior
A minimum of 2 adults/seniors per booking is required (single adult is available but at a surcharge at our discretion)
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Not wheelchair accessible
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.