Best Of Ancient Rome-Archaeological Discovery Tour
OverviewDiscover the mystery of the art and craft employed in the construction of the ancient monuments and sculptors, that Rome is known for throughout the world. There’s ancient ruins and sites to admire, and fables and tales that are part and parcel of it. The tour is accompanied by a local, who is well versed with all the stories and trivia associated to the place. End the evening on a light note by sipping some good light wine at a typical local Roman bar.
- Explore some of ancient Rome’s most fascinating ruins and sights
- Hear local tales about famous spots such as the Colosseum and the Roman Forum
- Listen to stories of battle and triumph as you tour Rome with a local
- Indulge in a glass of wine at a typical local bar, the perfect way to end a tour of Rome!
Know More about this tour
Could there be a better way to learn about history in Rome than taking a wander through the streets with a local? Didn't think so! Wander through ancient Rome with an expert local guide on this Rome city tour that is factual and fun both at the same time! You'll meet your local guide, an expert in archeology and history, at the Arch of Constantine. Stroll beneath the great triumphal arch built in honor of the emperor Constantine, then head to the Colosseum, bypassing the hassle of lining up as you enter straight into this infamous international treasure. Wander through the Colosseum, the largest amphitheatre ever made by the Romans, and admire this vast structure that could seat more than 50,000 people. See the arena where the gladiators fought for their lives and where all kinds of Rome events took place. Learn about its fascinating history before continuing the walking tour of Rome to the Roman Forum. Once the political and religious center of ancient Rome, the Forum’s origins date back to the 7th century BC. With your local guide, you'll bring history to life and gain a fresh perspective on these famous places, which will make your experience far more unique than that of the thousands of others of travellers that visit these ruins each day. During this Rome tour, you will start to understand the life of the ancient Romans by visiting the Forum’s most important buildings and temples, including: the Temple of Augustus where the funeral of Julius Caesar took place, the Via Sacra (Holy Road) which is the most important road in Rome and the Curia, and the meeting place of the Roman Senate. Exiting the Forum, head to a nearby typical enoteca (or wine bar) where you can recount stories of battles and glory, and where this Rome tour will come to an end. Because there is no better way to finish off an ancient Rome tour that with a glass of wine, of course!
Note: Children below the age of 6 are not permitted on this tour.
Inclusions for Best Of Ancient Rome-Archaeological Discovery Tour
- Local English-speaking guide
- Entrance tickets and reservation to skip the line at the Colosseum
Exclusions for Best Of Ancient Rome-Archaeological Discovery Tour
- Drinks and food
- Items of a personal nature
- Tips and gratuities for your guide
- Cancellations made more than 2 days prior to travel receive a full refund.
- Cancellations made 2 days or less prior to travel attract a 100% cancellation fee.
You Might Also Like
- Private Departure Transfer: Hotel to Rome Fiumicino Airport
- 3-Day Italy Trip: Naples, Pompeii and Amalfi
- Small-Group Cooking Lesson in Roman Countryside
- Civitavecchia Private Transfer: Civitavecchia Cruise Port to Rome Fiumicino Airport
- Florence Day Trip from Rome by High-Speed Train
- Civitavecchia Private Transfer: Rome Fiumicino Airport to Civitavecchia Cruise Port
- Private Departure Transfer: Hotel to Rome Ciampino Airport
- Vespa 125cc Rental Rome