OverviewCircle the Big Island of Hawaii along the Mamalahoa Highway (Belt Road) that follows a natural path around the biggest Hawaiian Island. During this full day tour, you will visit Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, the two biggest cities on the island, Hilo and Kailua-Kona, and the most popular highlights that the island has to offer.
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourCircle the Island along the Mamalahoa Highway that follows a natural path around the biggest Hawaiian Island. During this full day tour, you will cover almost 250 miles and visit the two biggest cities on the island, Hilo and Kailua-Kona and explore all the big highlights that the island has to offer.
Your local guide will take you along this incredible, fully narrated journey across 7 different climate zones and around the tallest Hawaiian mountain and the most massive active volcano in the world. You will also visit Hawaii Volcanoes National Park and Kilauea, the youngest volcano on the island that has been erupting continuously for more than 30 years. Even though it is very unlikely that you will actually see lava erupting (mostly due to safety restrictions – please see heli tours for access to restricted areas) there are many signs of volcanic activity and fascinating lava formations from recent and ancient eruptions.
Learn about the rich Hawaiian history, culture, religion, and the role of the ali’i (royals) from Hawaii Island and their influence in today’s Hawaiian Renaissance. Your guide will also provide you with insights into the island’s geography and how it affects almost every aspect of the contrasting and fragile ecosystems across the island and it’s native/endemic plants and animals.
Pu’ukohola National Historic Site
Waimea and Parker Ranch (no stop)
Waipio Valley Overlook
Rainbow Falls Waterfall
Coconut Island, Liliuokalani Gardens (no stop)
Big Island Candies
Hawaii Volcanoes National Park Visitor Center
Thurston Lava Tube
Kilauea Iki Overlook
Thomas A. Jaggar Museum
Kilauea Caldera Overlook
Hot Steam Vents
Punalu’u Black Sand Beach
Captain Cook (no stop)
Kealakekua (no stop)
Kona Coffee Belt (no stop)
Inclusions for Best Of Big Island Tour
- National Park fees
- Live commentary on board
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Small-group tour
Exclusions for Best Of Big Island Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please note that the tour itinerary may change depending on weather, traffic, volcanic conditions, and availability.
A small amount of walking is involved (please bring comfortable walking shoes)
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately and bring a rain jacket
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.