Best Of Kuranda Including Skyrail, Kuranda Scenic Railway And Rainforestation - Cairns
OverviewJoin a full day tour to Kuranda, in World Heritage Rainforest. Experience the largest flight aviary in Australia at the Australian Butterfly Sanctuary, the award-winning Rainforestation including Army Duck tour, the Koala and Wildlife Park, the Pamagirri Aboriginal Experience, the world-famous sumptuous Aussie BBQ buffet lunch, the Kuranda Scenic Railway and Skyrail Rainforest Cableway.
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Family friendly
- Get inside tips from a local
- Get up-close to native wildlife
- Buffet lunch included
Know More about this tourStart your day with a journey on the historic Kuranda Scenic Railway, journeying up the mountain to the village of Kuranda. The historic railroad rises from sea level to 1076 feet (328 meters) and passes through ancient rainforest, providing you with incredible views of Cairns and the coast. Look out for waterfalls, and enjoy the stop at the breathtaking Barron Gorge.
Explore the largest flight aviary in Australia at the Australian Butterfly Sanctuary, with over 2000 butterflies fluttering freely around you. Visit the Breeding Laboratory and learn about the life cycle of the butterfly.
Enjoy a visit to the award-winning Rainforestation Nature Park, where you can take a tour on a historic World War II Army Duck over land and through water. The friendly and informative Duck Captains will identify and explain the flora and fauna of some of the worlds oldest rainforest.
Join a guided tour of the Koala and Wildlife Park and see koalas, snakes, dingoes, a cassowary and the only Tasmanian Devils in North Queensland. Learn about their behaviour and quirky traits, as our experienced guides introduce you to each animal. Visit the Barramundi Lake and look out for Jack the Ripper, the 16 foot (5 meter) saltwater crocodile from the safety of elevated boardwalks and platforms. You can evensee kangaroos and wallabies roaming through the park.
The Pamagirri Aboriginal Experience is unforgettable. Follow your Pamagirri Guide along the Dreamtime Walk down the Rainbow Serpent pathway, and learn how to throw a traditional boomerang. Your Pamagirri guide will demonstrate traditional spear throwing as well as a didgeridoo presentation, followed by an energetic and interactive traditional Aboriginal dance performance in the Rainforest Amphitheatre. The performance depicts aspects of indigenous culture including animals, food gathering and hunting. The rainforest serves as the theatre walls whilst sounds of wildlife provide accompaniment to the haunting sounds of the didgeridoo and clapsticks. Be sure to watch closely - there's a surprise for the audience at the end!
Enjoy the world-famous sumptuous Aussie BBQ buffet lunch overlooking the lake.
You will finish your day with a return to Cairns on the scenic Skyrail Rainforest Cableway, travelling in comfortable 6-person gondolas just metres above the rainforest canopy. The cableway spans 7.5km, passing over the rainforest and Barron River as it makes its way down to Cairns. Enjoy two rest stops offering the opportunity to explore the rainforest at ground level, as well as views over the Barron Falls and the famed Red Peak Station, before arriving in Cairns.
Inclusions for Best Of Kuranda Including Skyrail, Kuranda Scenic Railway And Rainforestation
- Entrance fees
- Buffet lunch
- All activities
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
Exclusions for Best Of Kuranda Including Skyrail, Kuranda Scenic Railway And Rainforestation
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
Vehicles are collapsible wheelchair accessible, however the driver is unable to assist passengers boarding and disembarking due to insurance regulations
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- ATV Quad Bike Tour from Cairns
- Cairns Harbor Cruise with Optional Lunch
- Cairns Ninebot Tour, The Next Generation Segway
- Kuranda Riverboat Sightseeing Cruise
- Cairns to Sydney Hop-on Hop-off Travel Pass
- Cairns to Brisbane Hop-on Hop-off Travel Pass
- Behana Gorge Waterfalls Canyoning Tour from Cairns
- Great Barrier Reef Snorkel and Dive Cruise from Cairns by Luxury Catamaran