From USD 155.54
OverviewDiscover the delights of Provence on this full-day tour from Marseille, and enjoy scenic countryside, heritage and history, and fine wines! With an expert local guide, youll travel by minivan into the heart of this beautiful region. Explore Avignon, the City of Popes, on a walking tour and see the eye-catching Popes' Palace. Visit the castle ruins near the village of Chteauneuf-du-Pape and sample the area's famously well-bodied wines in a wine cellar nearby, and then spend time at leisure relaxing in pretty Les Baux de Provence village.Numbers are limited to eight on this small-group tour ensuring youll see the best of Provence with personalized attention from your guide.
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Small-group tour
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
Know More about this tourMeet your guide at Marseille Vieux Port and head inland by minivan, passing through picturesque Provencal countryside in the direction of Avignon – just over an hour away. Known as the City of Popes, Avignon was once home to a succession of 14th- and 15th-century French popes who lavished the city with grand architectural gestures. At your leisure, see several monuments from the city’s heyday, like the Pont Saint-Bénezet – a striking medieval bridge – and the impressive Popes’ Palace (Palais des Papes) which you can visit (own expense).
After a break for lunch (own expense), head to the old castle ruins near Châteauneuf-du-Pape village, in the heart of the country’s Rhône Valley. The name ‘Châteauneuf-du-Pape’ also applies to the appellation (wine-making region) in which the village lies, and you’ll taste several of its famous wines at a local wine cellar here. See the vineyards and cellars while learning about the region’s viniculture from your guide.
Continue your tour by minivan, heading toward the Chaîne des Alpilles mountain range. On the way, stop to admire the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Pont du Gard – a well-preserved Roman aqueduct that once supplied the city of Nimes with water. The last stop of your day is Les Baux de Provence, a charming medieval village perched high on a rocky hill where you’ll have time to spend at leisure. Admire dramatic views over the lush Provencal countryside and amble around the cobblestone streets gazing at the city's old fortress ruins (admission to the fortress is at your own expense).
After soaking up the delights of Les Baux de Provence, meet your guide for your journey back to Marseille. Your tour finishes back at Marseille Vieux Port in the early evening.
Inclusions for Best Of Provence Day Trip From Marseille: Avignon, Chateauneuf-du-Pape And Les Baux De Provence
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Local guide
- Wine tasting
Exclusions for Best Of Provence Day Trip From Marseille: Avignon, Chateauneuf-du-Pape And Les Baux De Provence
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entrance fee to Popes' Palace
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.