Best Of The Scottish Highlands Tour From Inverness: Black Isle, Loch Ness And Scotch Whisky - Glasgow
OverviewVenture through Scotlands Highlands on a full-day trip from Inverness with an expert guide. Traveling by luxury minivan, youll explore the area known as the Black Isle, home to incredibly barren yet beautiful scenery. Visit the sleepy fishing village of Cromarty, see bottlenose dolphins at Chanonry Point, and sample whisky at the Glen Ord Whisky Distillery in Beauly. Before returning to Inverness, youll walk along the banks of Loch Ness to seek out Nessie a must-do activity in the Highlands!
- Fully narrated tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Get up-close to native wildlife
Know More about this tourDepart Inverness by minivan and travel with your guide to the heart of Scotlands dramatic Highlands. Heading west, youll venture along a stunning stretch of the Highlands known as the Black Isle, an area of land thats actually a peninsula and named for its association with the dark arts during medieval times. Hear tales like this and more from your friendly guide as you journey deep into the Black Isles beautifully barren countryside.
First stop of the day is in Cromarty, a picturesque village where time feels like its truly standing still. Enjoy a leisurely walking tour around its quaint streets, seeing cute fishermans cottages and houses with typical Scottish crow-stepped gables.
Continue traveling by minivan through the pretty villages of Rosemarkie and Fortrose, and then stop for a walk along a ridge known as Chanonry Point. Jutting out into the sea at Moray Firth, the ridge is widely acknowledged as the best place in Britain for see dolphins home to a community of some 130 bottleneck dolphins.
After dolphin spotting to your hearts content, your tour continues to the nearby town of Beauly for lunch (own expense) and a look around. The name of the town comes from the French beau lieu meaning beautiful place, and youll find it to be just that while you explore its charming streets at leisure.
The town is home to the legendary Glen Ord Whisky Distillery, and youll visit this next with your guide. While touring the cellars and distillery itself, youll see the whisky workers creating their flagship product a 12-year-old single malt whisky and youll be given a wee dram to sample before leaving.
On the way back to Inverness, theres one last and very important stop at the banks of Loch Ness to try and catch a sight of the fabled Loch Ness monster. As you stroll through the village of Drumnadrochit and around the gorgeous shores of this famous loch (lake) surrounded by flora and fauna, youll soon realize that theres more to Loch Ness than just a monster!
Inclusions for Best Of The Scottish Highlands Tour From Inverness: Black Isle, Loch Ness And Scotch Whisky
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Exclusions for Best Of The Scottish Highlands Tour From Inverness: Black Isle, Loch Ness And Scotch Whisky
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entrance fees
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Shore Excursion - Inveraray Castle and Loch Lomond from Greenock
- Applecross Peninsula Day Trip from Inverness
- John oGroats and Duncansby Head Day Trip from Inverness
- Loch Lomond and Stirling Castle Tour from Glasgow
- City Sightseeing Glasgow
- City Sightseeing Glasgow 2 days
- Glasgow's West End Private Tour
- Stirling Castle, Loch Lomond and Whisky Trail Small Group Day Trip from Glasgow