Best Verdon Gorge And Moustiers Sainte-Marie Day Trip From Aix-en-Provence - Aix-en-provence
OverviewOn this day trip from Aix-en-Provence, venture north from the French Riviera to Alpes de Haute-Provence to see the highlights of this wonderfully scenic region. Discover centuries-old artisan craftsmanship in the postcard-worthy Provencal towns of Moustiers Ste-Marie and Manosque where youll tour the famous L'Occitane factory and enjoy breathtaking views of the Verdon Gorge and Lake of Sainte-Croix.
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tourYoull be picked up from central Aix-en-Provence in the morning by your guide. Traveling by air-conditioned minvan, travel 45 minutes north to the Alpes de Haute-Provence region to your first stop, just outside Manosque.
The largest and liveliest town in the region, Manosque is home to the L'Occitane factory, a high-end cosmetics company famous around the world. Take a guided tour of the factory to discover the steps involved in the production of perfumes, which are made with local flowers and plants. This fragrant experience lets you trace the key steps in the history of the L'Occitane brand, and youll end with a chance to purchase products at preferential prices.
Afterwards, continue your drive across the Valensole plateau, arriving in Moustiers Ste-Marie after about an hour. This lovely village is in a gorgeous setting, at the base of rocky cliffs along a rushing mountain stream that divides the village with a narrow canyon. The view of this mini-gorge, with small waterfalls down inside and medieval houses above, is quite beautiful.
Enjoy free time to have lunch and explore Moustiers Ste-Marie on your own. Wander the narrow medieval streets and vaulted passages, visit ceramics shops for which the village is known and enjoy a relaxing lunch at a terrace caf (own expense). Dont miss the centerpiece of the village, Notre-Dame de Beauvoir chapel, which sits high above the village behind the ruins of the ancient city walls. Built in the 8th century and restored in the 12th century, this church has layers of history, and offers fantastic views of the villages red-tiled roofs, the expanse of the Maire valley, the far hills and the Lake of Sainte-Croix, which youll visit later.
Your next stop is the Verdon Gorge (Gorges du Verdon), considered to be one of the most beautiful canyons in Europe. Named for the Verdon Rivers striking turquoise-green color, the gorge draws many visitors for its scenic rim drive and great hikes. Admire awe-inspiring views from the rim before descending to the end of the canyon, where the river flows into Lake of Sainte-Croix (Lac de Sainte-Croix).
Enjoy free time to lounge on the beach and soak up the views of the magnificent turquoise water.This man-made lake has a feeling of endless space and light.
After your time here, its time to hit the road back to Aix-en-Provence, about 1 hour and 45 minutes away. You will travel through the village of Sainte-Croix-du-Verdon overlooking the lake.
Inclusions for Best Verdon Gorge And Moustiers Sainte-Marie Day Trip From Aix-en-Provence
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Exclusions for Best Verdon Gorge And Moustiers Sainte-Marie Day Trip From Aix-en-Provence
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please bring swimwear and a towel if you wish to swim in Lake Sainte-Croix
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Cotes de Provence Wine Tour from Aix-en-Provence
- Private Tour: Saint Rmy de Provence, Arles and Les Baux de Provence from Aix-en-Provence
- Half-Day Luberon Hilltop Village Tour from Aix-en-Provence
- Avignon and Chateauneuf du Pape Wineries Small Group Tour from Aix en Provence
- Small-Group Avignon and Pont-du-Gard Day Trip with Wine Tasting
- Private Tour: Provence Day Trip in the Footsteps of Peter Mayle from Aix-en-Provence