Beyond The Walls Of Jerusalem Walking Tour Including Market Visit And Food Tastings
OverviewGet out of the old quarter and walk in the footsteps of those who defied danger and dared to build a life beyond the city walls. Find out how cultures from around the globe came together and created the modern face of Jerusalem.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- Free snacks included
- Led by a local guide
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourIt took guts for people to build outside the Old City back in the 19th century, and those who did were considered brave souls. At sundown, all seven gates would close, offering extra security for those inside but leaving those beyond the walls on their own. But the original inhabitants of Jerusalem Jews, Christians, and Muslims were growing in numbers, and space was limited, so they had to look beyond the walls while staying close to the Old City.
Then you have all those who came with the Crusaders for the Holy Grail, and the Arabs who came with Salah Eddin, many of whom stayed and grew the communities even further. Jerusalem became a hub for British, French, Italians, Russians, Germans, Spaniards, Ethiopians, and so many others. For a brief moment in history, everyone was living together with a certain degree of peace and harmony.
This is where your Jerusalem tour will take you: to see how communities grew beyond the city walls, and cultures and religions collided. As we explore the edges of the city, youll see great monuments built to withstand earthquakes, bullets, and bombs; a Russian compound housing a church, police station, and prison; an Ethiopian church and community next to a building erected by a German protestant architect; and much more.
Well head to the famous Machane Yehuda market, which began back in the 19th century as a place for peasants to sell their produce. Today, its a major market selling fish, poultry, meat, fruits, and vegetables, along with spices, nuts, and even household appliances. Youll get to taste of mix sweet and savoury delights from different vendors all over the market.
Inclusions for Beyond The Walls Of Jerusalem Walking Tour Including Market Visit And Food Tastings
- Local English-speaking guide
- Food tastings at the market.
Exclusions for Beyond The Walls Of Jerusalem Walking Tour Including Market Visit And Food Tastings
- Souvenirs and items of a personal nature
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Good walking shoes required. You will not be going into any religious sites on this tour, so shorts are acceptable
For your Urban Adventure you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people
Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Jerusalem Half Day Tour: Dome of the Rock and Western Wall
- Jerusalem Walking Tour: In the Footsteps of Jesus
- Palm Sunday in Jerusalem: Mass at Bethpage and Via Dolorosa Procession
- Hebron Day Trip from Jerusalem: Israeli-Palestinian Sites
- Jerusalem Super Saver: Jerusalem and the Dead Sea Day Tour plus In the Footsteps of Jesus Walking Tour
- Sacred Jewish Sites Tour from Jerusalem: Tiberias, Safed and Mount Meron