Óbidos Interactive Self-Guided Tour From Lisbon
OverviewUncover the historical monuments of bidos in Portugal as you walk along the cobblestone paths during this interactive self-guided tour. Catch a ride from Lisbon with your guide assistant, then set out on your own and follow intuitive guidance from a smartphone device as you learn the history of bidos churches and monuments. Maps and extras are provided to help you further explore the many influences of bidos former ruling empires. This is a great way to learn about Portugals deep and fascinating history.
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Family friendly
Know More about this tourMeet your guide assistant in Lisbon and board an air-conditioned vehicle to bidos, where you will begin your half-day, self-guided tour of this culturally rich medieval town. All of the landmarks you'll discover throughout the day are GPS located with your handy device. As you near each one, the device will transmit written and audio information.
Enjoy exploring at your own pace as you enter the town gate, which is dedicated to Our Lady of Sorrow, the patron saint of bidos. Within the gate notice the detailed blue panel of 18th-century tiles. Next, walk through the portal to St Peters Church and learn about its restoration in the 16th century. Capture some photos of the old bell tower, and make your way to the Pousada of bidos which was the first Pousada converted and restored from an historical monument.
At your leisure, take a break to refuel with coffee or a traditional Portuguese snack before moving on to St James Church. This church, commissioned by King Sancho in 1186, was destroyed in an earthquake in 1755 and completely rebuilt by 1772. When the royal family ventured to bidos this is the church they would attend.
Now that you have a taste for historical churches walk to the storied St Marys Church of bidos which was founded during the Visigoth period. Learn about how this church went through various religious changes including becoming a mosque and later reverting back to a Christian temple.
Continue to explore the fascinating history within bidos citys walls at your own pace, then reconvene with your guide assistant in the early afternoon for the journey back to Lisbon.
Inclusions for Óbidos Interactive Self-Guided Tour From Lisbon
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
- Transport by minibus or bus (depending on the size of the group)
- Guide assistant
- Interactive guide (1 smartphone per customer including children)
- Information folder
Exclusions for Óbidos Interactive Self-Guided Tour From Lisbon
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- 4 hours private Sailing trip to Oeiras beach
- Sintra Royal Palaces Day Trip from Lisbon: Queluz Palace, Pena Palace and Pena Park
- vora Day Trip from Lisbon
- Small-Group Tour: Knights Templar Historical Tour from Lisbon
- bidos Nazar and Ftima from Lisbon with Drop-off in Porto
- Ftima Interactive Self-Guided Tour from Lisbon