On a full-day excursion, we will discover of the most representative municipality of the community, the town of Piana degli Albanesi, also famous for its "cannoli", the typical Sicilian sweets filled with ricotta cheese. The itinerary includes the visit of Monreale, famous for the cathedral with its precious gold mosaics and, then, thanks to a suggestive ride along the route of an old disused railway, the rise up to Santa Cristina Gela to reach the Lake of Piana, an area of naturalistic value entrusted to WWF Italy. After reaching the town of Piana degli Albanesi, you will have the opportunity to visit the Byzantine churches and the characteristic local craft workshops, to later begin the long, scenic descent to Palermo, where we will conclude our excursion but not before having tasted a special cannolo, filled on the spot by a master pastry chef.
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Hotel pickup Available
- Free Cancellation
- Duration: 7 Hrs
Departure Time :
09,00 am from monday to friday / 10,00 am from saturday to sunday All flight times are approximate and subject to change due to weather conditions and weight restrictions.
Departure Details :
Return Details :
Via Onorato 8a Palermo
OverviewAn experience in the territories of Albanian language and culture in SicilyIn the province of Palermo there are 5 towns of Albanian origin and culture that boast a large community of more than 50,000 people. The word Arbresh defines the Albanian ethno-linguistic minority historically settled in southern and insular Italy. Coming from Albania and the many Albanian communities of Morea and Ciamuria, the communities settled in Italy between the fifteenth and the eighteenth centuries, after the death of the Albanian national hero Giorgio Castriota Scanderbeg. Also, the progressive conquest of Albania and of all the territories of the Byzantine Empire by the Turks-Ottomans, lead them to emigrate. Their culture is determined by characteristic elements, which are found in language, religion, customs, traditions, iconographic art, gastronomy, jealously preserved, because of the awareness of belonging to a specific ethnic group.
- Local guide
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
- Use of bicycle
- Use of helmet
- Bike tour
- Small-group tour
- Cannolo Tasting
- Entrance fees
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Lunch (possible with an extra)
Know More about this tour
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
Minimum age is 14 years
Minimum drinking age is 18 years
At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
Dress code is smart casual
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Not recommended for participants with back problems
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Not recommended for pregnant women
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
All passenger heights MUST be advised at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Transfer Tour with Local Guide - Palermo Taormina
- Private Tour to Erice and Segesta with Local Guide
- Private Discover Tour from Palermo to Selinunte and Segesta with local Guide
- Segesta and Monreale with Local Guide Private Tour from Palermo or Trapani
- Private Tour from Palermo to Agrigento with Local Guide
- Palermo Food and Wine Walking Tour
- Street Food Walking Tour in Palermo
- Private Tour to Mount Etna from Palermo