Biking Turnagain Arm And Wildlife Conservation Center Tour - Anchorage
OverviewSnow and glacier covered Chugach and Kenai mountains meet the ocean creating the Turangain Arm, on one of the most scenic drives and bike rides in the area. Your knowledgeable, Alaskan guide will share geologic, natural, and human histories as your group bikes 12 miles along the paved Turnagain Arm bike path. Riding pace is tailored to overall group ability and there is a support vehicle which meets the group at the halfway point along the bike route where there is time to have a snack, enjoy the view and if someone wants, they can opt to join the driver guide for the second half. You'll end your ride in Girdwood; originally a mining town and now a popular ski town. Hop back in the vehicle and your guides will take you to the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center where you can meet the local wildlife up close.
Know More about this tourHIGHLIGHTS
- Soak in gorgeous views and keep an eye out for wildlife such as beluga whales, moose, bald eagles, bears and dall sheep
- 12 mile bike ride along the Turngain Arm bike path with a local, experienced guide
- Meet the local wildlife up close at the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center
- All inclusive biking trip: round trip transportation, biking equipment, entrance into the Wildlife Conservation Center, lunch, snacks and water
- Morning or afternoon departures to suit your schedule
- Small-group ensures a personalized experience
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
Let a local lead the way from Anchorage to Girdwood on this 6.5 hour tour. Meet your guides at the Log Cabin Visitor Center in Downtown Anchorage and drive 30 minutes south to Turnagain Arm. Witness to famous sailors in the age of exploration, Turnagain Arm remains enticing to modern day adventurers and provides a dynamic and beautiful place for recreation. At Bird Creek your guides will fit you for a bike and helmet, then you will hop aboard a provided high-quality bike. On your left the mountains rise up and on your right the tides ebb and flow below. On this bike ride you'll have time to soak in the views and take pictures at several scenic view points along the bike path. Learn about the natural and human history of Turnagain Arm from your guide along the way. Keep an eye out for moose, eagles and other wildlife, bike through evidence of the 1964 earthquake and learn about the glaciers hanging on the sides of the Chugach Mountains.
Hop off your bike in Girdwood, an old mining town turned ski town. Your guides will load up the equipment and drive you to Wildlife Conservation Center. Before exploring the center at a relaxed pace, fuel up with lunch on the deck with a 360 degree view of the mountains and valley. This is a walk-through/drive-through facility dedicated to animals that have been orphaned and/or injured. An expert from the center will join the group for a narrated tour around the conservation center. The center is home to a wide variety of Alaskan wildlife including: bears, moose, caribou, wood bison, musk ox, lynx, wolves and more!
Sit back and relax on the drive back up Turnagain Arm to Anchorage.
Inclusions for Biking Turnagain Arm And Wildlife Conservation Center Tour
- Bike tour including the following equipment: bike, helmet, rain gear, biking gloves
- Small-group narrated tour
- Round trip transportation in Mercedes Sprinter Van
- Local and experienced driver guide and biking guide
- Admission into the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center
- Bottled water
- Pickup and drop-off from downtown Anchorage
- All taxes and fees
Exclusions for Biking Turnagain Arm And Wildlife Conservation Center Tour
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Closed toe shoes required
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Children must be accompanied by an adult
A maximum of 10 people per booking
All passenger heights MUST be advised at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Anchorage Winter Twilight Photo Tour
- Turnagain Arm and Portage Valley Private Tour
- Anchorage Summer Sunset Photo Safari
- Turnagain Arm and Alaska Wildlife Tour from Anchorage
- Private Tour: Anchorage 3-Hour Tour
- Private Arrival Transfer: Anchorage International Airport to Hotel
- Turnagain Arm Scenic Winter Tour with Aerial Tram Ride
- Denali National Park Flightseeing Tour from Talkeetna