Bilbao Full-day Culinary Experience On The Basque Coast
OverviewLets take a break from sightseeing in the city and go on a fascinating journey toexplore the Basque coast! On this tour I will take you to one of my favorite wineries in the region, specializing inartisanaltxacoliproduction. This is the slightly bubbly white wine that youll see at pintxo bars around town. Well learn all about how it is made and then indulge in a delicious3-course Basque lunchwith a pairing of different types of txacoli. To work off all the wonderful food we will venture out to San Juan de Gaztelugatxe, a beautiful natural islet on the coast. We will stop to walk around and take pictures before heading back to Bilbao.
Know More about this tourITINERARY
- Transportation from Plaza Moyua to the Basque Coast
- Guided tour of txacoli winery in the coastal town of Bakio
- Typical Basque lunch, each dish with wine pairing
- Visit San Juan de Gaztelugatxe
Join a knowledgeable, food-and-wine-loving Bilbao native guide on an exciting adventure to Bakio on the coast of Basque Country. This tour will take you on a journey to explore a local winery, specializing intxacoli, an effervescent Basque white wine popularat pintxo bars around the region. You will have a chance to learn all about the production of this speciality and to taste some along the way. After working up an appetite you will enjoy an authentic Basque lunch paired with various wines. The menu may include a refreshing salad with tuna belly, red peppers and anchovies (with white Txacoli), hake with fresh squid (paired with barrel-aged Txacoli),beef tenderloin with mushrooms (paired with red Txacoli)and a sweet dessert to finish. After our meal, we will head out to exploreSan Juan de Gaztelugatxe, a picturesque islet on thecoast of Biscay the ideal place for photos and selfies! On the way back your guide will answer any questions you may have about the Basque lifestyle and provide useful suggestions for the rest of your stay in Bilbao.
Inclusions for Bilbao Full-day Culinary Experience On The Basque Coast
- Txacoli tasting
- Typical Basque lunch, each dish with wine pairing (The menu may include a refreshing salad with tuna belly, red peppers and anchovies (with white Txacoli), hake with fresh squid (paired with barrel-aged Txacoli),beef tenderloin with mushrooms -paired with red Txacoli-and a sweet dessert to finish)
Exclusions for Bilbao Full-day Culinary Experience On The Basque Coast
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
This tour is perfect for those interested in stretching their legs and exploring outside the confines of Bilbao. We will take a tour of an authentic txacoli winery and sit for a delicious Basque meal. Youll finish this tour an expert in Basque wines, cuisine, and culture.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Departure Private Transfer Luxury Van Bilbao City to Bilbao airport BIO
- Departure Private Transfer Business Car Bilbao City to Bilbao airport BIO
- Arrival Private Transfer Business Car Bilbao airport BIO to San Sebastian City
- Arrival Private Transfer Luxury Van Bilbao airport BIO to San Sebastian City
- Day tour to Rioja Alavesa Wine Region from Bilbao
- Discover Aana Salt Valley and Vitoria from Bilbao
- Cider and the Sea Factory of the Basques from Bilbao
- Land of Saint Ignatius: The Route of the Three Temples from Bilbao