Bilbao Ribera Market Visit & Pintxos Walking Tour
OverviewDuring this 3.5-hour morning tour of Bilbao, I will show you mylocal perspective on the city.First, we will tour some of my favorite attractions, including the Parque del Arenal, Iglesia San Nicolas, Plaza Nueva, Plaza Miguel de Unamuno and Catedral Santiago. Ill share with you some fascinating stories about the citys art, history and architecture, while also taking you to some hidden secret spots where only locals go. As we stroll through theMercado de la Ribera, I will point out some of Basque Countrys most typical products and well have a chance to speak with the vendors who specialize in the latter. After working up an appetite we will visit some of my favorite pintxo bars totry the local speciality, pintxos likebacalao al pil pil, stuffed red peppers and fresh squid. We will wash these down with some refreshing beverages, including the effervescent local white wineTxacoli
Know More about this tourITINERARY
- Meetme at Teatro Arriaga
- Explore the theatre and then continue on a journey through the citycentervisiting some of Bilbaos most beautiful landmarks
- Walk through the bustling Mercado de la Ribera and taste local specialities as we get to know the vendors
- Finally, we will share a meal of Basque-style tapas (pintxos) and local drinks like Txacoli.
As aBilbao native and passionate foodie, you will be in good hands with me as your guide through the city. I will take you to some of the must-visit sites, but also to some hidden local hangouts, which are not known to tourists. During the market tour I will point out some of the mostclassic local foodproducts and explain how they are used in Basque recipes. We will also taste some of my favorite pintxos and drinks at a great restaurant specialized in authenticBasque cuisine.
Inclusions for Bilbao Ribera Market Visit & Pintxos Walking Tour
- 3 drinks (Txakoli, Rioja crianza wine, beer or soft drinks)
- 5 gourmet pintxos (including the classic Gilda, fresh cod in pil-pil sauce, stuffed peppers, bocadillito atún con alegría and fried squids)
Exclusions for Bilbao Ribera Market Visit & Pintxos Walking Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Ribera Market, located beside the river estuary in Bilbao, is a reference in terms of shopping for the whole of Biscay. One of its many merits is to have been recognized in 1990 as the most complete municipal food market by the Guinness Book of Records, at that time being the largest in terms of traders and stalls and the biggest covered market as regards space in the whole of Europe, with a surface area of 10,000 square metres. Refurbishment work began en mid-2009 aimed at renewing its structure, stalls and services in order to remain a reference for shoppers in the 21st century.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Departure Private Transfer Luxury Van Bilbao City to Bilbao airport BIO
- Departure Private Transfer Business Car Bilbao City to Bilbao airport BIO
- Arrival Private Transfer Business Car Bilbao airport BIO to San Sebastian City
- Arrival Private Transfer Luxury Van Bilbao airport BIO to San Sebastian City
- Day tour to Rioja Alavesa Wine Region from Bilbao
- Discover Aana Salt Valley and Vitoria from Bilbao
- Cider and the Sea Factory of the Basques from Bilbao
- Land of Saint Ignatius: The Route of the Three Temples from Bilbao