Ancient settlements dating back to at least 900 BC can be seen on the Palatinum today, the best known of the seven hills of Rome. Much of it's history, bedevilled by assumption and mythology (perceived birthplace of Emperor Augustus, location of the Lupercal etc.), shows that the Etruscan ruling elite occupied the Palatine Hill, a tradition which persevered throughout Republican and Imperial Rome. The immense Flavian palace, which overlooks both the Roman Forum and Circus Maximus, dominates the hill. We cover Nero's revolving dining room, House of Tiberius, Temple of Cybele, Domus Flavia, House of the Griffins, Hippodromeof Domitian, and 17th century gardens designed by Girolamo Rainaldi on this unique tour of ancient Rome. We have of course included skip-the-line priority access to the Roman Forum and Colosseum, both of which comprise the self-guided portion of this most fulfilling experience in Rome.
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Duration: 3 Hrs 30 Mins
Departure Time :
Departure Details :
Salita dei Borgia
Return Details :
The Colosseum or Roman Forum area or Capitoline Hill.
Cancellation Policy : This activity is non-refundable
OverviewThis is a fully private tour of the legendary Palatine Hill. We have created this enchanting experience simply because many, if not all other tours of ancient Rome routinely skim the surface of the Palatinum due to time restrictions. This remedial tour is committed to proffering an in-depth understanding of the most important archaeological site in Europe. Time spent with your local expert guide is approximately2 hours. After your fully private tour experience, you will be given priority skip-the-line tickets into the mighty Colosseum forthe self-guided portion which includes the entire Roman Forum.Recommended time inside the Colosseum and Roman Forum archaeological area c. 1.5 hours.
- Family friendly
- Skip the line
- Step back in time on a history tour
- All entrance fees included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Know More about this tour
- Entrance fees tothe Colosseum, Roman Forum, Palatine Hill
- Professional Archaeologist / local expert guide
- Walking tour
- Private tour
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines at the Colosseum!
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved.
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair.
A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums; no shorts or sleeveless tops allowed, knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women, you may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements.
You Might Also Like
- Early Access Vatican Museums Small-Group Tour with St Peter's and Sistine Chapel
- Skip the Line: Vatican Museums, St Peters, Sistine Chapel, Small-Group Upgrade Option
- Skip the Line: Ancient Rome and Colosseum Half-Day Walking Tour
- Capri Day Trip from Rome
- Skip the Line: Crypts and Roman Catacombs Small-Group Walking Tour
- Ancient Rome and Colosseum Tour: Underground Chambers and Arena
- Priority First Early Entrance: Sistine Chapel and Vatican Museums Ticket
- Rome Combo: Skip-the-Line Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, St. Peters Basilica and Colosseum Walking Tour