Bitola Tour Full Day Tour From Skopje
OverviewYou will visit the city Bitola, second largest city in the country and one of the oldest cities on the territory in the Republic of Macedonia. It has been known since the Ottoman period as the city of the consuls, since many European countries have consulates in Bitola.
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
Know More about this tourOn arrival in Bitola, on the right, you can see Mount Pelister (2,601 m tall) and Pelister National Park, which is the smallest but oldest national park in Macedonia (opened in 1948). It is famous for its ancient Molika pine trees and many other different types of flora and fauna and it conserves some rare glacial lakes, Pelisterski Ochi (the Pelister Eyes). It is a famous winter ski resort with hotels and ski-lifts.
In Bitola you visit the church of Sveti Dimitrija (St. Dimitri), dating back to the 19th century and renowned for being one of the biggest churches in the Balkans. Then you just have a quick glance at Yeni Mosque (built in 1559) which is now an art gallery, then the Yahdar-Kadi Mosque (built in 1562) and the Isak Mosque (built in 1508-09).
At the heart of the town is the Clock Tower. The River Dragor runs through the town. Sirok Sokak (a long pedestrian area) is renowned for the beautiful old houses that belong to the 19th-century architecture. Bitola is a town of consulates, also the town where the Manaki brothers, famous for their pioneering work with the camera, opened their Studio of Art Photography in 1905. In honor of their work in photography, and later, cinematography, the first international film camera festival in the world was started here in 1979 and is held every September.
After this, you will go to the ancient Macedonian town of Heraclea Lyncestis by bus. It was the first major town established in the rich Pelagonia valley in the 4th century BC. It was founded by Philip II of Macedon, the father of Aleksandar III of Macedon. Archaeological excavations are still going on at this site and so far a Roman Bath, a Roman amphitheater, a Courtroom and a small and big Basilicas from the 5th century have been discovered. The basilicas have the most beautiful and well preserved mosaic floors which are also the biggest in the Balkans and considered to be ones of the most valuable in the world from this period.
You will have a free time and after that you are going back to Skopje where the tour ends.
Inclusions for Bitola Tour Full Day Tour From Skopje
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Walking tour
- Transport by private vehicle
Exclusions for Bitola Tour Full Day Tour From Skopje
- Gratuities (optional)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Dress code is smart casual
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private transfer Skopje Belgrade or vice versa
- Private transfer Skopje Sofia or vice versa
- Private transfer Skopje Thessaloniki or vice versa
- Private transfer Skopje Tirana or vice versa
- Private transfer Skopje Pristina or vice versa
- Private Full Day Trip to the National Park Mavrovo from Skopje
- Monastery Osogovski and Kokino Day Trip from Skopje