Blenheim Palace, Downton Abbey Village And The Cotswolds - LondonWrite a Review
A full day tour to Blenheim Palace and the enchanting villages of the Cotswolds, including the village of Bampton where many scenes from "Downton Abbey" were filmed.
- Visit Blenheim Palace State Rooms and walk through the magnificent Gardens
- Panoramic tour of the enchanting Cotswolds
- Visit the villages of Bibury and Bourton-on-the-Water
- Visit the village of Bampton, setting for the TV series "Downton Abbey"
- First-class luxury Motor-coach and the services of a professional Tour Guide
- Personal Audio Headset
Know More about this tour
Blenheim Palace is a masterpiece of English Baroque architecture and the birthplace of Sir Winston Churchill. The stunning State Rooms are brimming with priceless works of art and magnificent tapestries. The Palace is still inhabited today by the Duke of Marlborough. The Gardens are set in over 754 hectares of land with an exquisite water garden.
Tour of the Blenheim Palace State Rooms where their own guide will bring the history of this fabulous palace to life.
This region of outstanding natural beauty is characterised by attractive small towns and thatched villages of yellow Cotswold stone made prosperous by the historic wool trade.
We'll make a short stop in the village of Bibury, once described by William Morris as "the most beautiful village in England" and see Arlington Row, a row of weavers cottages built of local stone. Then on to Bourton-on-the-Water, the "Little Venice" of the Cotswolds. Its picturesque High Street is flanked by shaded greens, and the River Windrush, spanned by several arched stone bridges, runs alongside.
Downton Abbey Village
In the village of Bampton, we visit the street where many scenes from the "Downton Abbey" TV series were filmed. You can see the Church where a number of "Downton" events were hosted, from weddings and funerals to the Downton Fair. Next to the church is Churchgate House which was used as the Crawley family home, and the old Grammar School which now houses the Bampton Library and Community Archive and served as the Downton Cottage Hospital. The street is also the location for two local pubs, "The Grantham Arms" and "The Dog & Duck".
Inclusions for Blenheim Palace, Downton Abbey Village And The Cotswolds
- Entrance to Blenheim Palace is included in the tour price.
- The state of the art VOX Radioguide® system is used during the walking sections of this tour: guests are issued with a personal headset ensuring they never miss a word of the guide's commentary.
- If you cancel between 0 days To 1 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 100%
- If you cancel between 1 days To 180 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 0%
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.