Blue Mountains 4WD Eco Tour - Sydney
OverviewThis tour encompasses all manner of excitement; from a thrilling helicopter flight high above the rainforest canopy, past sheer cliff faces to the forest floor and caves below. Take in panoramic escarpment views, unique rock formations, deep canyons, ancient rainforest and occasionally kangaroos in the Megalong Valley. Short walks accentuate your ecological experience on our advanced ecotourism accredited tour. Let a local ECO professional guide you through Australias world famous heritage listed National Park away from the crowds in a luxury 4WD, before the return helicopter flight back to Sydney.
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Get off the beaten track in a 4x4
- Led by a local guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Lunch included
Know More about this tourYour Blue Mountains adventure begins with pickup from hotels in the Sydney city center for the 20-minute minibus ride to the heliport, where you'll check in for your helicopter flight.
Listen to a comprehensive safety briefing in the spacious lounge area, and then hop aboard the helicopter. All scenic flights are recorded in real time using an onboard video system incorporating internal and external cameras, as well as a recording of your pilot's commentary and air traffic control interaction. (This video of you and your fellow passengers is available for purchase after the flight.)
Upon takeoff, enjoy panoramic views of the Sydney skyline, Pacific Ocean. and Port Botany. Within five minutes, your pilot will have you out over Sydney Harbour, flying past icons such as the Sydney Harbour Bridge and Sydney Opera House before heading west, following the Parramatta River to Blue Mountains National Park, where you'll touchdownat Katoomba Airfield in the Australian bush.
Your rocks to rainforest 4WD tour starts here, where you'll meet your eco-guide and board a luxury 4-wheel-drive vehicle for the chance to experience the remote wilderness of the Blue Mountains UNESCO World Heritage area. As you're taken away from the typical tourist destinations, you can decide if you want to stay in the vehicle during this journey, or hop out to take a short bush walk with your guide.You'll have views of escarpments, rock formations, deep canyons, ancient rainforest landscapes, and maybe even a kangaroo in Megalong Valley.
Then enjoy a gourmet sandwich lunch in either a cave or in the rainforest, depending on the weather that day. Return to your helicopter for the flight back to Sydney, reflecting on the new sights, experiences, and wealth of knowledge you gained about the Blue Mountains and the native vegetation and wildlife.
Inclusions for Blue Mountains 4WD Eco Tour
- Picnic lunch
- Helicopter ride
- Commentary on board
- Refreshments before and after flight
- Certified ecologist guide for 4WD tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (select hotels only)
- Round-trip minibus transfer
Exclusions for Blue Mountains 4WD Eco Tour
- In-flight video recording with three camera views and cockpit dialogue (available for purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Please note: Infants require an additional surcharge of 50% of the adult rate, payable direct on the date of travel. The infant may be carried in the arms or on the lap of the adult passenger in an approved infant seat or bassinet
A small amount of walking is involved
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
All passengers are weighed at check-in. Departure requires that all passenger weights are within operational restrictions; please note that passengers weighing more than 243 lbs (110 kgs) are required to pay a surcharge
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Sydney to Brisbane Hop-on Hop-off Travel Pass
- Blue Mountains Day Trip
- Private 3-Day Luxury Sydney Tour Including a Holistic Massage Treatment
- Hunter Valley Wine Tasting Day Tour from Sydney
- Sydney Walking Tour: Introduction to Photography
- Private Arrival Transfer: Sydney Airport to Hotel or Cruise Port
- Learn to Surf at Sydney's Maroubra Beach
- Sydney Shore Excursion: The Original Guided Walking Tour of The Rocks