The Rio Celeste National Park tour consist on a trek in search of the magnificent light-blue river and its waterfall. Excellent choice for hiking lovers and those seeking lush vegetation and hidden gems like this volcanic river waters. This light blue river is located on a protected area at the slopes of Tenorio Volcano. Upon your arrival, we will begin the hike through the dense and lush tropical rain forest that surrounds this magnificent volcano. You and the naturalist guide will go at your own pace while you learn many interesting things about the rain forest. When you arrive to Los Teideros, where two rivers come together, you will be amazed with the beautiful turquoise water color of the river, perfect place for a photography. After enjoying this amazing scenery, you will be taken to a different trail to see the breathtaking waterfall and its majestic view. After this lovely trek, you will be headed to a local family farm to see and learn about the sloths in their natural environment. You will also have the chance to find many species of birds, toucans, the tree frogs such as the blue jean, the red eye and many colored and exotic flowers. We will finish off with a delicious typical costarican lunch at the local restaurant to then, head back to your resort. Please notice the color of this river may lose its blue color during rainstorms. No refunds for inclement weather. Include: lunch, waterfall, hiking through the rain forest and entrance fees. Suggested pick up time: 7:30 am Estimated drop off time: 4:00 pm. The hike will be done at your own pace, it might takes about 2 hours or more depending of your own pace and skills. Both, light clothing and raincoat are recommended. Hiking boots is a must (waterproof), bug spray is optional.
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Hotel pickup Available
- Free Cancellation
- Duration: 8 Hrs
Departure Time :
7:30am Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Departure Details :
All Papagayo Gulf, including the following hotels: , , - Four Seasons Costa Rica , - Andaz Peninsula Papagayo , - Allegro Papagayo , - Occidental Grand Papagayo , - Secrets Papagayo , - RIU Gu.. read more
OverviewThis tour is a must for those who love hiking and photography. A beautiful excursion to admire the lush vegetation of the rain forest and enjoy the exotic wild life, the sloths, tree frogs, toucans and butterflies. Don't miss the breathtaking views of the rain forest surroundings and its exotic flora and fauna. A must-do for your upcoming trip to Costa Rica. We provide private AC transportation, pick up and drop off at your hotel, operated by bilingual and naturalist tour guides. A perfect trip to learn all about Costa Rica's culture and nature.
- Entrance fees
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
- Small-group tour
- Gratuities (recommended)
Know More about this tour
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is require
Not wheelchair accessible
Not recommended for child aged 6 and under
Not recommended for participants with back problems
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Not recommended for pregnant women
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Mega Combo Turubari Adventure Park from Jaco
- PALO VERDE WILDLIFE BOAT TOUR from DREAMS RESORT Guanacaste
- Mangrove Safari with Pottery Village Upgrade from Guanacaste
- Cathedral Waterfall Hot Springs Adventure at Rincon de la Vieja fr Playa Hermosa
- Volcano Crater Tour and Waterfalls
- White Water Rafting Tenorio River Class 4-Hermosa Coco Flamingo Tamarindo
- Monteverde Cloud Forest Tour