Boccadasse District Tour Including Pesto Making Lesson, Pesto And Gelato Tasting - Genoa
OverviewImagine a lovely fishing village built out of pastel-coloured houses, carved into green hills along the Mediterranean Sea. No, its not a fantasy, its Boccadasse, just a short ride beyond Genoas city centre. On this food tour, youll take a trip to the village where youll learn the true way to make authentic Genovese pesto, and also go hunting for a proper Italian gelato.
Know More about this tour
If you can't say Italy without thinking about a gelato, then you definitely can't say Genoa without trying the original pesto sauce! Lucky for you, on this Genoa tour youll go for both, and we're talking about an authentic local foodie experience!
Your Genoa food tour will start from Brignole Train Station, just under the big clock youll find outside the station building. From there, well catch the public bus that will take us to the village of Boccadasse, about 15 to 20 minutes away. Once we arrive, youll get a classic view of this magical place, from a terrace next to an ancient church. Snap a few photos of the yellow, orange, and pink houses surrounded by the green of the hills and the blue of the Mediterranean Sea.
After taking in this gorgeous view, well then walk down to the little harbour full of fishermen's boats, for a closer look at this unique village. Were headed towards a real local experience, the pesto lesson! Using the original recipe as your textbook, youll learn how this special sauce was invented and made. After an introduction and demonstration, itll be your turn, and youll get to show us how good you are at making authentic Genovese pesto. Of course, all that smell of basil and olive oil will leave you hungry, so then itll be time for the best part of the lesson: the pesto-tasting!
Once youve proven your skills as Italian chefs, well then discover another classic Italian flavour: gelato. We could spend days going on about how good it is and what's behind a good gelato, but on this tour, let's cut it short and just try it! We'll visit one of the oldest gelato shops (gelateria) in town, a place well-known among locals as the place to go for a sweet treatment. Youll learn all the secrets behind producing a true gelato and, most importantly for the non-experts, how to recognise a good one from a 'touristy' fake gelato.
After our afternoon with the locals of Boccadasse, learning about Genoese traditions, well hop back on the public bus and return to Brignole Train Station, where our tours ends and youll be free to see more of Genoa on your own.
Inclusions for Boccadasse District Tour Including Pesto Making Lesson, Pesto And Gelato Tasting
- Local English-speaking guide
- Pesto lesson and tasting
- Gelato tasting
- Bus ticket to/from the district of Boccadasse
Exclusions for Boccadasse District Tour Including Pesto Making Lesson, Pesto And Gelato Tasting
- Additional food and drinks
- souvenirs and items of a personal nature
- tips/gratuities for your guide.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please wear comfortable shoes for walking.
For your Urban Adventure you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
This is a child-friendly tour. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- GENOA DISCOVER the EAST COAST LOOP on MAXY SCOOTER 500 cc
- Genoa Aquarium, Tropical Garden, Panoramic Lift and Biosphere Combo Ticket
- Genoa Aquarium and Galata Maritime Museum Including Nazario Sauro Submarine Combo Ticket
- Skip-the Line Genoa Aquarium Entry Ticket
- Do Eat Better Experience - Food Tours in Genoa
- Private Genoa Transfer Airport to Hotel
- Private Transfer Genoa Airport to Savona Hotel or Port
- Genoa private walking tour with a local guide