Bogotá Food And Local Markets Tour - Bogota
OverviewDive into Bogots culinary wonders on this half-day food tour led by an expert guide. Soak up rich history and traditions as you visit Pastelera Florida, an established artisanal bakery, and then explore the singular street fare maze of Septimazo. Sample unique regional delights and admire exquisite handmade goods at bustling Palo Quemado market, one of the citys oldest and largest markets. Numbers are limited to 15 people on this small-group food tour, ensuring a more personalized experience. Pickup and drop-off from most hotels are included.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Free drinks included
- Free snacks included
- Fully narrated tour
- Get inside tips from a local
Know More about this tourThey say the way to a persons heart is through the stomach. Prepare to fall in love with Bogot on this half-day foodie tour. After hotel pickup, begin your culinary adventure with your guide at Pastelera Florida, an artisanal bakery with a classic, old-world sensibility.
Open since 1936, the snack shop-restaurant is frequented by student intellectuals and the elderly alike. Depending on availability, try typical Andean breakfast fare, like pan de bono (cheese bread), almojabanas (cheese rolls) or tamales, along with a cup of aguapanela (tea alternative made with hardened sugarcane pulp).
Then, drive to a labyrinth of winding stalls that make up Septimazo, where vendors sell an array of wares so diverse, it would be difficult to pin it down with any one theme. With street singers and musicians lining the streets, you might find Afro-Colombian beats, grains of rice engraved with names or offers for self-portraits. Follow your guide to select food stalls and bite into obleas, delicate wafer cookies commonly filled with dulce de leche or jam, which youll wash down with decadent chocolate santafereo, hot chocolate with a side of cheese.
Journey on to vibrant and colorful Palo Quemado market, one of the largest food markets in the city. In one place, discover the spectrum of Colombian produce, ranging from the traditional to the exotic, including vegetables, fruit, meat and fish. Inhale the scents of various herbs and admire the beautiful blooms at the flower market. Perhaps youll come upon a handmade item you simply have to purchase as a souvenir. Walk with your guide to local-favorite booths to bite into exotic fruits, empanadas and corn arepa (flatbread).
Your culinary exploration complete and fondness for the city of Bogot confirmed, enjoy transport back to your hotel.
Inclusions for Bogotá Food And Local Markets Tour
- Food samples at 3 different stops
- Soft drinks
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan or car, depending on the group size
Exclusions for Bogotá Food And Local Markets Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Additional food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Minimum age is 10 years
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
This tour includes an insurance. Please send Passport number by the time of booking to make the insurance effective
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.