Bogotá Night Experience: Tejo And Beer Tour - Bogota
OverviewPair beer tasting with an explosive drinking game called tejo on an unforgettable night of fun in Bogot. In the upscale areas of Zona Rosa and Park 93 sizzling with nightlife, a guide takes you to two cozy, laid-back but popular pubs, where youll taste refreshing handcrafted microbrews. Cap off the night and join the locals at a tejo field, where youll drink more beer and hurl discs at a clay target laced with gunpowder a game that Anthony Bourdain featured on the TV show 'Parts Unknown.' Round-trip transport from most hotels is included.
- Free drinks included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Get inside tips from a local
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tourAfter hotel pickup in Bogot, a guide takes you to trendy Zona Rosa, a glitzy shopping district that's home to the capitals top restaurants and nightlife. The starting point for your brewery tour is Bogot Beer Company, an artisanal brewpub that produces European-inspired ales and lagers.
Inside the inviting pub with warm-colored wood and brick-wall dcor, sit on a padded leather stool and sample one of the 13 types of beer made here. Depending on availability, your tasting may be a Munich-style white beer or a British-inspired dark one, such as a porter or stout. As you sip your delicious cerveza, learn about the Bogot Beer Companys process of brewing craft beers.
Back in the vehicle, head north to Park 93, a charming and walkable neighborhood full of fine-dining restaurants and chic cafes. Follow your guide to a gem of a pub called Chelarte. Take in the upbeat and lively vibe inside, admire the latest installation of contemporary art and taste a delicious handcrafted microbrew.
The headliner for the nights festivities lies just ahead: a game of tejo. Climb back aboard the vehicle and your guide takes you to a nearby campo de tejo, or tejo field. Listen to how the volatile game originally began with indigenous warriors in the Turmeque region over 450 years ago and the adaptations made to it by the conquistadors, a game that is now a beloved national sport.
Learn the rules of the game, which differ slightly from field to field, but they all involve tossing stone or metal discs at a clay target about 53 to 66 feet (16 to 20 meters) away lined with packets of gunpowder. If you hit the target, youre rewarded with a small explosion. In between your expertly executed throws, you consume beer. What could go wrong?
See if you can pick up the locals wrist-flick to improve your aim; youll find that striking the target is much harder than it appears. Luckily, a full crate of beer is on standby to give you time to develop your skills. After you toss your final disc, youll be transported back to your hotel.
Inclusions for Bogotá Night Experience: Tejo And Beer Tour
- Professional guide
- Beer tasting at each stop
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan or car, depending on the group size
Exclusions for Bogotá Night Experience: Tejo And Beer Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 18 years
This tour includes an insurance. Please send Passport number by the time of booking to make the insurance effective
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Salsa Night for Executives
- Quebrada Las Gachas - Visit the little brother of the Cao Cristales
- Explore Mongui and the Pramo de Ocet
- La Chorrera Waterfall from Bogot
- Coffee Farm Tour in Valle de Tenza
- 3-Hour Walking Tour and Musical Picnic in the Heart of Ibague
- Sunday's Ciclovia Bike Ride
- Extended bike tour