Bogota Combo Tour: Lake Guatavita And Gold Museum
OverviewEmbark on a trip to ancient times and unveil the miseries that motivated the Spanish colonizers to explore the American Continent in search of gold.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Excellent value for money
- Family friendly
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Small group ensures personal service
- All entrance fees included
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Free snacks included
- Snacks and Beverages included
- Snorkel gear included
- Fully narrated tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourOn this trip you will visit Guatavita lake which has given birth to El Dorado legend and the Gold Museum, home to the biggest collection of pre-Columbian gold pieces in the world.
The tour starts when you are collected at your hotel by our guide and driver. You will head towards the north east of the capital, driving up the Andes range for about 1 hour until reaching Guatavita village.
After walking the cobblestone streets of the white-house village, which holds a unique history, drive between potato crop fields and farmers' houses up to the highest point in which the sacred lake lies hidden amongst mountains and mist. Inside this natural reservoir dotted by lush and humid forest vegetation you can feel the mystic energy that made this lagoon a sacred place for the Muiscas.
Learn about the connection with nature of this ancient people and the way gold was used as a symbol of gratitude. At the same time, get to know how this particular ritual awoke the passions of Spanish treasure hunters and other unfortunate adventurers.
Return to Bogota via La Calera, a small village by the side of the road famous for their heavenly arepas stuffed with farmers cheese. After a quick stop for a small bite, the trip continues straight to La Candelaria. Here, make a lunch stop at a local restaurant (own expense). After lunch you will walk the narrow streets of La Candelaria, cross the Eje Ambiental and get to your final destination: the Gold Museum.
At the museum you will have the chance to complement the information and the experience of the sacred lake. On your guided tour, you will see the most iconic pieces that archeologists have found at the lake and its surroundings, and other areas of the country.
As you leave, you'll have the chance to shop at the handicrafts market at Parque Santander.
Inclusions for Bogota Combo Tour: Lake Guatavita And Gold Museum
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entrance fees
- Admission ticket
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Bogota Combo Tour: Lake Guatavita And Gold Museum
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A medium-high amount of walking is involved
Bring hiking shoes and a rain coat
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Departure Transfer: Hotel to Bogot Airport
- Bogot Food and Local Markets Tour
- Amusement Parks in Bogot Private Half-Day Tour: Maloka, Salitre Magico, Mundo Aventura and Museo de Los Nios
- Private Finkana Park Tour from Bogot
- Hang-Gliding Tour from Bogot
- Chingaza National Park Half Day Hiking Tour from Bogot