Bohemian Switzerland Hiking Tour From Prague
OverviewPrague Hiking Tours team takes you to Bohemian Switzerland National Park great region for hiking lovers that offers many touristic trails leading through the scenery of the rocky towns, the mesas, the passes, deep gorges and and hillsides.
Know More about this tourPrague Hiking Tours team takes you to the territory of Bohemian Switzerland National Park the youngest of the Czech Republics four national parks forms a part of the larger territory of the Elbe Sandstones, which has been called Czech and Saxon Switzerland for nearly two centuries. As early as 1972, the whole of Bohemian Switzerland was placed under protection. When, in 1990, the status of Saxon Switzerland was raised to that of a national park, efforts were stepped up to place the Bohemian part of the Elbe Sandstone Mountains under national park protection as well.
This region is very great for hiking lovers. It offers many touristic trails leading through the scenery of the rocky towns, the mesas, the passes, deep gorges and hillsides. While walking through the countryside you may find the fossils of former sea animals. You will be fascinated by an articulation of the landscape as well as the picturesque nature games you can find at every turn.
After 1,5 hour drive, we will stop at Hensko, picturesque village of half-timbered houses, which is the gateway to the Bohemian Switzerland National Park. After approximately 1,5 h hike we will reach immense sandstone arch called the Pravice Sandstone Gate. Additionally you can participate a boat trip through the canyon of the crystal-clear Kamenice River, which is nestled between steep cliff walls soaring up to 150 meters. A boatman will lead you first through Divok soutska (meaning the Wild Gorge), where he will introduce you to the lively even though petrified inhabitants of the surrounding walls, and then to Edmundova soutska (Edmunds Gorge).
Inclusions for Bohemian Switzerland Hiking Tour From Prague
- National Park fees
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Bohemian Switzerland Hiking Tour From Prague
- Food and drinks
- Boat trip through the Kamenice River (80CZK)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please be ready for pick-up at least 15 min before scheduled departure at chosen destination
Wear comfortable clothes and shoes appropriate for hiking
Foods and snacks are not included
Make sure to prepare and pack some snacks for the road
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Alternative Prague Small-Group Walking Tour
- Prague River Boat Tour - 90 min
- Prague Esoteric and Alchemist Tour 2h
- 1 day tour around the Karlstejn castle and Little Amerika
- Prague-Budapest Grand Sightseeing tour
- 3-Day Prague Bus Smile Hop-On Hop-Off
- Prague Family Kit
- Wars and Totality History tour in Prague