Bohol Highlights Tour: Chocolate Hills, Tarsier Spotting And Loboc River Cruise - Cebu City
OverviewDiscover the natural beauty of the Philippines while touring the scenic countryside of Bohol Island. This day trip with an informative guide takes you on a scenic journey around the island, from mahogany forests to historic landmarks and the Chocolate Hills, shaped like mounds of chocolate. Plus, enjoy a relaxing lunch cruise on the Loboc River, where youll have the opportunity to spot indigenous Philippine tarsiers, some of the smallest primates in the world.
- All entrance fees included
- All necessary equipment included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Lunch included
Know More about this tourYour Bohol Island day trip begins with pickup from your hotel by air-conditioned coach. With your knowledgeable guide, tour Bohols scenic countryside, starting from the islands capital city of Tagbilaran.
This tour takes in many sights, including the bronze statue known as the Blood Compact Monument, a landmark commemorating the first treaty of friendship between the Spanish and Filipinos. Visit the Baclayon Church, built in 1595, and admire its traditional Spanish colonial architecture. Explore its neighboring museum with your guide to see relics dating back to the 16th century.
Next, drive under the lush foliage of mahogany trees in a man-made forest prized for its timber, and pass green farmland and villages surrounded by local nipa palms. When you reach Bilar, your guide accompanies you to a butterfly conservation center that showcases a variety of Philippine butterflies, including about half of the 300 species found on Bohol.
Marvel at these colorful creatures as they roam freely over 7 acres (3 hectares) of butterfly habitat and feast on nectar-rich flowers. From a viewing deck above, take note of the cone-shaped Chocolate Hills in the distance.
Youll get up close to the thousand or so limestone mounds after a scenic driving tour through the islands interior to Carmen. Then enjoy more fabulous views over Bohol from the Chocolate Hills viewpoint. To remember this magnificent panorama, get creative and take an off-the-wall snapshot of yourself with the hills as a backdrop.
Continue by coach to Loboc and board a catamaran for a 50-minute cruise on the Loboc River, and enjoy an authentic lunch of Filipino specialties served on board the boat, buffet-style. Relax as you view natures splendor, including graceful rolling hills, coconut trees and green nipa palms lining the riverbanks. Your guide can help you spot tiny Philippine tarsiers playing on the riverbank with a gentle demeanor and large, bulbous eyes, the worlds second-smallest primate isnt easy to find.
Afterward, make a brief stop in the coastal town of Loay to observe several backyard industries of the former fishing village. See the making of bolo hatchets, used for farming and woodcutting, and learn about the manual construction of nipa palm roofing materials.
Your Bohol tour ends with the return drive to Tagbilaran and drop-off at your selected Bohol hotel.
Inclusions for Bohol Highlights Tour: Chocolate Hills, Tarsier Spotting And Loboc River Cruise
- English-speaking guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Transport in air-conditioned vehicle
- Entrance fees
- Loboc River cruise
- Lunch on the cruise
Exclusions for Bohol Highlights Tour: Chocolate Hills, Tarsier Spotting And Loboc River Cruise
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved; comfortable walking shoes are recommended
Tour operates with a minimum of 2 passengers. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Hotel pickup service is available for the listed hotels only. If you are staying in a different hotel, please make arrangements with tour operator for pickup from the nearest supported hotel and make your own way there
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Departure Transfer: Hotel to Mactan-Cebu International Airport
- Private Arrival Transfer: Mactan-Cebu International Airport to Hotel
- Mactan Island-Hopping Adventure from Cebu with Snorkeling and BBQ Lunch
- Private Departure Transfer: Mactan Based Hotels to Cebu International Airport
- Private Half-Day Cebu Landmarks and Historical Tour