Bologna And Modena - Classic City Centre Tours (full Day)
OverviewGet to visit two celebrated Cities-Bologna and Modena- with this single tour that assures you the sight of their prominent attractions. Walk down the city’s streets and get acquainted with their culture, tradition and culinary practices while admiring their illustrious attractions and come back with indelible memories.
- Visit Being Modena located about 35 kms (22 miles) west of Bologna
- A full day tour gives people the possibility to visit both Bologna and Modena city centres in one-day tour.
- Modena is a historic university town and its buildings give you the opportunity to relive the medieval town still filled by the echoes of Este's court, who transformed the city into the capital of their Duchy in 1598.
Know More about this tour
Piazza Grande with Saint Geminiano Cathedral and Ghirlandina tower. The visit continues thro the old streets near Piazza Grande, like Via Emilia, the main urban artery since the Roman age. The tour ends with the former Jewish Ghetto, where the synagogue is located, Piazza Roma with the Este's Ducal Palace, presently seat of a Military Academy and the oldest Delicatessen in Europe, the "salumeria Giusti" founded in 1605.
The tour starts at Piazza Maggiore with its main buildings: the City Hall, Podestà Palace, Neptune's Fountain, King Enzo's Palace, Sala Borsa (closed on Sundays), Palazzo dei Banchi, Palazzo dei notai, Accursio Palace and Basilica of Saint Petronio with the longest sundial in the world. The tour continues with Galluzzi court, Piazza Galvani and Archiginnasio. Walk through the historical Food Market up to Saint Steven square and Saint Steven Churches Complex. Through the medieval Isolani Court we will reach the Two Leaning Towers of Asinelli and Garisenda.
Inclusions for Bologna And Modena - Classic City Centre Tours (full Day)
- Guided tours in Modena and Bologna and service of tour escort from/to Bologna.
Exclusions for Bologna And Modena - Classic City Centre Tours (full Day)
- Estimated Local Cash Needed: 11 EURO - For local train tickets (Bologna and Modena return tickets)and visit to the Anatomic theatre in Archiginnasio in Bologna.
- Lunch not included in the tour price.
- In order not to lose much time a quick lunch break is suggested.
- Modena is easily reachable from BOLOGNA by train, return ticket from/to Bologna by local trains costs € 8,00/each person and the trip lasts 30 minutes - Modena is located 35 kms (22 miles) northeast of Bologna.
- No entrance fees are foreseen for the tour in Modena while in Bologna it is possible to visit the Anatomic theatre in Archiginnasio and the price is € 3,00/each
- Train Tickets ARE NOT INCLUDED in the tour price
- No kind of transportation is included in the tour price
- PAY ATTENTION:
Before the tour it is really important to check train times with the guide, guide can also advice you to start the tour visiting first Modena and later on Bologna. Guide can buy tickets before the tour in order to avoid queues at the railways stations.
- Train ticket expenses must be refunded to the guide on visit day.
- For ticket prices see above
- Railway stations are close to the city centres but they are not in the city centres therefore a walk to reach them is needed
- At checkout we'll ask you to provide your hotel information. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
- In case you have not booked your hotel, Don't Worry ! Once your hotel arrangements are finalized, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
- If you cancel between 0 days To 30 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 100%
- If you cancel between 30 days To 60 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 20%
- If you cancel between 60 days To 180 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 0%
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.