Bologna City Centre And Food Tour - Full DayWrite a Review
Discover the gastronomic delight of Bologna with this tour that takes you to some of the most important locations in the city such as the City Hall, the Podestà Palace, the Neptune's Fountain, the King Enzo's Palace, the Sala Borsa Palazzo dei Banchi, Palazzo dei notai, Accursio Palace and the Basilica of Saint Petronio. From food to wine, learn and taste everything that is Bolognese.
- From art and culture up to gastronomic excellence. Bologna, chief town of Emilia-Romagna, is known worldwide as"La Dotta"
- You will learn everything about Food and wines and discover that everyone knows spaghetti bolognese.
Know More about this tour
The tour starts in Piazza Maggiore, with the City Hall, Podestà Palace, Neptune's Fountain, King Enzo's Palace, Sala Borsa (closed on Sundays), Palazzo dei Banchi, dei Notai, Accursio Palace and Basilica of Saint Petronio (visit inside according to opening hours and services). The tour continues with the medieval Galluzzi court, Piazza Galvani, the Archiginnasio, the first unique seat of the University of Bologna, via Farini with its branded products and clothings, Saint Domenic church and the mediaval professors' graves. A Walk through Food Market up to Saint Steven Churches Complex (visit inside according to opening hours and services). Through the Isolani Court we will reach Via Strada Maggiore, the Two Leaning Towers, Via Zamboni and its tresent university, palaces and churches, and the old Jewish Ghetto. In the Mercato di Mezzo some locals will be visited in order to explain the typical food of Bologna and show the close relationship between culture and food.
Inclusions for Bologna City Centre And Food Tour - Full Day
- 6-hour guided tour service in Bologna city centre.
Exclusions for Bologna City Centre And Food Tour - Full Day
- Lunch and Tasting not included in the tour price
Advice: Tasting can replace lunch
- Estimated Local Cash Needed:
- 3 EURO - Tickets for anatomic theatre and Stabat Mater Hall in Archiginnasio.
- For TASTING TYPICAL PRODUCTS and WINES about € 20,00/25,00 each to be paid on the spot on visit day. If you wish to have a tasting please inform guide before visit day this in order to better arrange the guided tour.
- PAY ATTENTION-
It is not so easy to organize tastings in AUGUST and CHRISTMAS'S TIME while almost all locals are closed for holidays.
- Bologna, owing to her geographical situation, is a major crossroads in Italy, it's one of the easiest cities to reach by trains and highways. Tranportation is not included in the tour price.
- If you plan your visit from VENICE, return ticket costs € 23 each and it takes 2 hours by "Regionale Veloce" - return ticket costs € 60 per person and it takes 1h30 minutes by "Frecciargento".
- If you plan visit from MILAN, return train ticket costs € 80/€ 120 each and it takes 1h10 by "Frecciarossa" - return ticket costs € 32 per person and it takes 3h00 by "Regionale Veloce".
If you plan visit from VERONA, return ticket costs € 19 each and it takes 1h30 by "Regionale Veloce" - return ticket costs € 46 per person and it takes 50 minutes by "frecciargento".
If you plan visit from FLORENCE, return ticket costs € 30/40 each and it takes 40 minutes by "Frecciarossa"
- At checkout we'll ask you to provide your hotel information. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
- In case you have not booked your hotel, Don't Worry ! Once your hotel arrangements are finalized, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
- If you cancel between 0 days To 30 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 100%
- If you cancel between 30 days To 60 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 20%
- If you cancel between 60 days To 180 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 0%
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.