Bologna Food Walking Tour
OverviewWalk down the streets of Bologna and get to taste some of the most exquisite varieties of local cuisine, different ingredients and recipes. This is an ultimate food and cultural experience off the beaten path! Discover the rich gastronomic delight of the city with a visit to the food market with its ancient family-run shops, a bakery, a chocolate factory, a pasta laboratory, a gelato shop.
- Explore Rich in every sense - historical, cultural, economic and gastronomic - the area is bounded on one side by the Apennines and on the other by the immensely fertile plains of the Po valley.
- These contrasting geographical features combine to produce a glorious array of food - the finest artisanal hams, salami and cured meats; the most fragrant fruits; succulent beef and pork; cheeses made by traditional methods.
Know More about this tour
We wil have an orientation tour of one of Bologna oldest food markets and visit the most traditional food shops. Learn about the history, culture, architecture, that make Bologna medieval market so unique. During this tour you will enjoy a variety of food specialties that has secured Bologna's reputation as being the foodie capital of Italy. You wil have an ultimate food and cultural experience off the beaten path!
This 3. 5 hour walking food tour offers 4 authentic tastings (a big meal) at a diversity of places: the food market with its ancient family-run shops, a bakery, a chocolate factory, a pasta laboratory, a gelato shop. Enough food is served so that, for most people, lunch afterwards is not needed. I will not only make sure you are well fed but will also educate you with stories that give you insights into Bologna's traditions and culture.
You will taste chocolates, torta do riso, cured meats and cheeses, typical breads, wine, homemade pasta.
The tastings will be a pregressive lunch.
Inclusions for Bologna Food Walking Tour
- Services of a licensed local guide.
- Visits to typical food and wine shops with tastings.
Exclusions for Bologna Food Walking Tour
- NOTE: The tour doesn't operate on Sundays and public holidays. Shops are closed from 1:00pm to 4:00pm and on Thursday afternoon.
- If you cancel between 0 days To 30 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 100%
- If you cancel between 30 days To 60 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 20%
- If you cancel between 60 days To 180 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 0%
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.