Bologna Small Group Tour: The Oldest University In Europe
OverviewThis is a truly unique tour which will take you to discover the history of the oldest university in Europe. Bologna's academic history dates back to the 11th century and is has the first university to be built in all of Europe.
- Fully narrated tour
- Led by a local guide
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
Know More about this tourTake advange of this tour lead by an expert guide to visit one of the most beautiful (and rich in history) cities in all of Italy.This is not a common tour though, but a particular theme tour to discover the history of Bologna as the city where the first university of Europe was built.
Bolognas Studium or University was founded during the 11th century, being indeed the first university in Europe. You will see the monuments of the most illustrious professors of the Middle ages in Piazza S. Domenico and at the Museo Medievale (with their vivid bas-reliefs showing the professor teaching an audience of students).
You'll also walk to The Archiginnasio Palace, the Renaissance Palazzo seat of the schools from the 16th to the 19th century, and its 17th Century Anatomy Theater decorated with wooden sculptures related to Medicine.
Inclusions for Bologna Small Group Tour: The Oldest University In Europe
- Tour led by an expert guide
Exclusions for Bologna Small Group Tour: The Oldest University In Europe
- Food & drinks
- Tickets for museums and other sites which require an entrance fee
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
The Museo Medievale is open from Tuesday to Friday (9am to 3pm). On Saturday and Sunday the museum is open from 10am to 6.30pm. Closed on Monday.
Please note that this tour does not include entrance to sites which require an entrance fee
The tour will take place even when it's raining. In the event of heavy rain, the tour may be cancelled and you will be given a full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Italian Food and Museo Ferrari Small Group Tour from Bologna Including Lunch
- Musical Bologna Walking Tour
- Private Arrival Transfer: Bologna Airport to Hotel
- Private Departure Transfer: Hotel to Bologna Airport
- Private Departure Transfer: Hotel to Bologna Train Station
- Private Arrival Transfer: Bologna Train Station to Hotel