Join a like-minded local to explore an alternative side of Bologna la grassa, and discover plant based options and the green side of the city. Explore the Botanical Gardens, and enjoy the tranquility of being surrounded by nature even in the heart of the city. Wander around Le Serre dei Giardini Margherita, a peaceful haven complete with an edible garden that youll find hidden in the main, leafy park of Bologna. Enjoy a delicious meal in one of the vegan bistros that bologna keeps hidden under its meaty reputation and experience the plant based gourmet side of the city. On market days (Monday, Tuesday, Saturday and Sunday) visit a local farmers market and wander between the stalls, seeing the organic produce thats freshly picked from regional farms and locally made cheeses, oils and other gourmet treats. Visit ethical, sustainable and organic shops and boutiques in the city that are recommended by your local, and do some shopping or simply browse in shops that youll love, stopping to enjoy some vegan cakes and organic tea or coffee along the way.
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Duration: 3 Hrs
Departure Time :
Your meeting point is time, and to be agreed with your Local Host.
Departure Details :
Your meeting point is flexible, and to be agreed with your Local Host. Meet-up at your hotel or accommodation can be requested, or your Local Host will meet you at a convenient location close to the s.. read more
Cancellation Policy : Cancel up to 2 days in advance for a full refund
OverviewYoull hardly find a meatier town than Bologna the fat one, but even in the capital of tortellini and rag you can find green menus, if you know where to look! Discover the green side of Bologna as you stroll through the Botanical Gardens, enjoy the dishes at an innovative vegan bistro and explore a local farmers market. With a local by your side, discover this alternative, plant-based side of Bologna and get a fresh taste on vegan and vegetarian life in Italys foodie capital - it might surprise you!
Know More about this tour
- Private and personalised experience
- 3 hours with a Local Host
- Informal vegan lunch or dinner, with tasting of local produce
- Walking experience (other transport can be arranged at an additional cost
- Additional food and drinks
- Tickets to any attractions
- Transportation costs
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Well be in touch within 24 hours after booking to find out more about your personality, tastes and interests so we can assign a like-minded Local who can create a bespoke experience for you.
You Might Also Like
- Bologna Segway Tour
- Bologna City Walking Tour
- Private Emilia Romagna Food Tour from Parma or Bologna
- Small-Group Italian Food and Wine Tour with Gourmet Lunch from Bologna
- 2.5-hour Bologna City and University Walking Tour
- Private Tour: Gourmet Walking Tour of Bologna - Pasta, Mortadella and Chocolate
- Private cooking class at a Cesarina's home with tasting in Bologna
- Private Tour: Bologna In Love Walking Tour