OverviewExplore Bonnet Island with a wildlife cruise and see where the world's smallest penguins waddle along the shores. Your excursion begins with a quick boat ride from Strahan. Once you arrive, get out and explore the rocky shores of the island, spotting nests, birds, and a lighthouse during your visit. As you cruise back, tuck into gourmet snacks on the boat as you take in Tasmania’s beauty.
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Likely to Sell Out
Know More about this tourMeet your local guide in Strahan then set out by fast boat to Bonnet Island. Hear informative commentary as you glide over the ocean to the small island where the world’s smallest penguin species nest in a thriving colony. You'll get the rare opportunity to set foot on Bonnet Island to see the pint-size penguins.
Once your boat reaches the island, follow your expert guide on land in search of little penguins. Learn about the birds and their habitat while carefully walking about the rocky terrain of the island. If it is dusk, your guide provides special lights that do not disturb the birds. If you're lucky, you get to see the little penguins returning to their nests after a day of hunting for food to feed their young.
After exploring, return to the boat where a gourmet platter of cheese, fruit and drinks awaits. While snacking, look out at the Bonnet Island lighthouse and listen to stories about its keepers and their families. Imagine living in this remote area, trying to prevent shipwrecks in stormy conditions.
Hop aboard your boat to return to Strahan. Your tour ends when you return to Strahan.
Please note: Wear warm clothing and sturdy closed-toe walking shoes. A fleece jacket, warm hat, gloves and waterproof jacket are recommended.
Inclusions for Bonnet Island Wildlife Cruise From Strahan
- Local guide
- Cheese, fruit platter, and beverages
Exclusions for Bonnet Island Wildlife Cruise From Strahan
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Bonnet Island is closed for Penguin breeding from approximately the 16th of September until the 13th of October. These dates may change closer to the dates dependent on the breeding at the time.
Minimum age is 5 years
Not wheelchair accessible
Please wear closed-toe walking shoes and warm clothing. A fleece jacket, beanie and gloves and waterproof jacket are recommended
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.