OverviewDiscover the natural beauty and culture of Bora Bora on a half-day 4WD tour with an experienced guide. Circle the entire island, making several stops along the way to take in amazing views from the East Matira, Faanui Canon and Amanahune Bay lookouts. Visit a workshop to learn how sarongs and coconut oil are made, then taste delicious fruits at a small farm. Check out World War II artifacts and hear the history of the island on a relaxing tour with an abundance of postcard-perfect photo ops.
Know More about this tourAfter your choice of morning, afternoon or early evening pickup from Vaitape Pier or your Bora Bora hotel, start your 4WD tour of the island with your professional guide.
Travel approximately 20 miles (32 km) all the way around the island to reach amazing lookout points where you can soak in views of turquoise ocean and lush green hills.
Travel to the East Matira lookout to admire a great perspective on the shimmering lagoon. Then continue to Faanui Canon lookout to see canons left behind by US troops after WWII. Your guide explains the American presence in Bora Bora during the war and the mission known as Operation Bobcat.
In Faanui Valley, visit a small workshop where artisans make beautiful tie-dye sarongs and coconut oil. After watching the production process, taste delicious tropical fruits at a small fruit plantation.
Next, head to the Amanahune Bay lookout where you can examine rock formations that were once inside of the caldera of Bora Bora, a volcanic island formed after volcanic eruptions long ago.
During your 4-hr tour, complete a full circle around the island by open-sided 4WD, perfect for scaling any mountain or rough track on the tropical island. Be sure to bring your camera to capture photos of the many breathtaking views as well as locations made famous in the 1962 Marlon Brando movie Mutiny on the Bounty.
If you choose the sunset tour, your 4WD stops at a couple of viewpoints before heading to the perfect lookout to watch the sunset. Sip a provided glass of bubbly and listen to live local music during a magical sunset experience on this stunning island.
After your 4-hour tour, your guide returns you to your hotel.
Inclusions for Bora Bora 4WD Tour
- Local guide
- A glass of sparkling wine (if sunset option selected)
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off from the mainland of Bora Bora.
Exclusions for Bora Bora 4WD Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pick/drop off fee if not staying in mainland Bora Bora
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please bring sunscreen, hat and sunglasses
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.