Get an introduction to Bordeaux, the wine capital of France, on this 2-hour walking tour perfect for first-time visitors. Visit Bordeauxs main sights including the Monument aux Girondins, Place de la Bourse and Place de la Comedie. Walk along the Garonne River, stroll the buzzing pedestrian street of Rue Sainte-Catherine, and admire the architecture of the Grand TheÃ¢tre, one of Frances famous theaters. Learn about the sights and history of Bordeaux from a guide along the way.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tourYour 2-hour walking tour starts from the tourist office in central Bordeaux. The exact route may vary depending on the weather and number of people in the group, but your guide will be sure to show you as many of the city’s highlights as possible.
Walk to Monument aux Girondins, a dramatic fountain statue commemorating the Girondists, a group of political martyrs who were executed for their militant support during the French Revolution.
Continue along the banks of the Garonne River to Place de la Bourse, home to the stock exchange. This square was laid out in the 1700s by King Louis XV's architect Gabriel. There you can spot the fountain of the three graces.
Make your way to Rue Sainte-Catherine, the pedestrian street in the heart of the historical city center, lined with countless shops and restaurants. Rue Sainte-Catherine — often considered one of the longest pedestrian streets in Europe — links Place de la Victoire to Place de la Comédie.
Arrive at Place de la Comédie, a busy traffic hub that was once the site of a Roman temple. Here you’ll find one of France's esteemed theaters, Grand Théâtre, which is also the city's cultural symbol. Built between 1773 and 1780 as testimony to the prosperity of Bordeaux's emerging bourgeoisie, it’s one of the last remaining 18th-century theaters in the world.
Your tour ends back at the tourist office, and your guide will be happy to give recommendations on ways to continue enjoying Bordeaux on your own.
Inclusions for Bordeaux City Sights Walking Tour
- Local guide
Exclusions for Bordeaux City Sights Walking Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 13 years (18 years from 2018)
Commentary will be bilingual in both English and French
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.