OverviewGet a comprehensive overview of Bordeaux's history, architecture, winemaking heritage and top attractions on this 2-hour tour by bus and foot. In the comfort of a coach, travel through Place des Quinconces, marvel at Bordeaux Cathedral and City Hall, and explore both sides of the UNESCO World Heritagelisted Garonne River. Hop off your coach and follow your guide on a 30-minute walking tour of the pedestrian city center, where the imposing pillars of the Grand Thtre de Bordeaux await.
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tourThis tour offers you a panorama of the architectural trends of Bordeaux of the middle Ages to the present day. Meet your professional guide in the morning at the tourist office in central Bordeaux and hop aboard an air-conditioned coach to begin your visit. Considered among France’s finest and most beautiful cities, Bordeaux balances its robust history, architectural prowess and esteemed winemaking traditions with forward-thinking attitudes, and takes pride in being on the cutting edge of urban design and development.
Listen to informative onboard commentary as you travel through the grand Place des Quinconces and along the UNESCO World Heritage–listed Garonne River waterfront. Your guide will detail the pivotal role Bordeaux has played in the European wine industry over the centuries, and explain the developments that have ensured the city’s continuing success in the modern era.
Travel down Bordeaux's broad boulevards to admire major attractions including Hôtel de Ville (City hall) and Bordeaux Cathedral (Cathédrale Saint-André de Bordeaux). Cross the city with its 18th and 19th centuries buildings and pass over the Bridge Chaban-Delmas. The bus will take you over to the right bank of the Garonne River, from where you will be able to appreciate the architectural unity of the sumptuous 18th century building façade as well as the ambitious works projects by highly-regarded international designers and architects : Chartrons neighborhood, La Cité du Vin - the new emblematic Wine Museum, Gambetta square, the public garden, cours Victor Hugo and many others.
After 1.5 hours exploring the city by coach, hop off and follow your guide along the atmospheric narrow lanes Bordeaux’s pedestrian center. Explore the Old Town, where you'll find famous sights including the Grand Théâtre de Bordeaux, the opera house whose striking pillars dominate Place de la Comédie. Admire the beautiful French architecture up close, then conclude your 30-minute walking tour near the opera house.
Inclusions for Bordeaux Sightseeing Bus And Walking Tour
- Professional guide
- 1.5-hour tour by air-conditioned coach
- 30-minute walking tour
Exclusions for Bordeaux Sightseeing Bus And Walking Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
The guide simultaneously provides commentary in both English and French
Tour is not suitable for children under 5 and minimum age will be 18 years from 2018
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.