From USD 179.09
OverviewEnjoy a full day of gastronomic delights with this Bordeaux Super Saver, combining a gourmet food tour in Bordeauxs city center and a wine-tasting tour in Mdoc. Wander along charming streets and visit local shops where you'll sample French breads, cheeses and chocolates, followed by a buffet lunch. Then drive to the nearby Mdoc wine region to visit two lovely chteau wine estates. Tour the vineyards and cellars, learn about the winemaking process, and sip Bordeaux wines paired with small bites. Numbers are limited to eight on this small-group tour, ensuring a more personalized experience.
- Lunch included
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- All entrance fees included
- Small-group tour by minibus
Know More about this tour
Bordeaux Gourmet Food Walking Tour
Start your day with a 4-hour gourmet food tour in Bordeaux’s city center. Follow your expert foodie guide on a leisurely walk through the city to three popular local food shops, learning about the history and traditions of Bordeaux along the way.
Savor the aromas of fresh-baked French bread as you enter a local bakery, where you’ll meet the baker and share his passion for the traditional way of making bread. You'll also get to taste a fresh baguette straight out of the oven!
Next, head to one of Bordeaux’s most famous chocolate makers, whose secret recipes have been kept alive for generations. You’ll be greeted by the owner and be presented with a variety of flavored chocolates, from ginger to green tea to olive. You’ll be delighted by these surprising combinations!
Continue with a ‘Tour de France’ of cheese at a local cheese shop. Indulge in some of the most classic and beloved French cheeses such as Comté, Roquefort and Brie while learning the know-how of French cheese makers (the experts).
With your taste buds warmed up, you’ll end your gourmet food tour with a buffet lunch in a typical Bordeaux apartment. Enjoy a hearty spread of the products you tasted during your tour, as well as some canelés (a typical regional cake), served with local Bordeaux wine.
Médoc Wine Tour
After lunch, board the minivan and embark along the Château Route past famous châteaux such as Margaux, Latour or Mouton-Rothschild. Learn about the Bordeaux wine region from your guide, and stop along the way for photo opportunities.
Arrive at your first stop, a charming family-run estate. Tour the château and its cellars before taking part in a wine workshop. Your expert guide will give you tips and techniques on how to identify aromas and flavors as you sample the château’s wines.
Then, head to your second stop, a classified growth château known for its high-quality wine. Learn about the winemaking process as you tour the vineyard and visit the cellars, and then taste the château’s wines with some French appetizers including local cheese, fresh bread and saucisson (dried sausage).
The exact châteaux visited vary, but may include Lamarque, Chasse-Spleen, Siran, Gruaud-Larose, Lagrange or Lascombes. At the end of your Médoc wine tour, relax on the ride back to Bordeaux.
Inclusions for Bordeaux Super Saver: Gourmet Food Walking Tour With Lunch Plus Médoc Wine Tasting
- Professional guide
- Tastings at three Bordeaux shops (bread, cheese and chocolate)
- Buffet lunch
- Wine tastings
- Appetizers during wine tastings
- Entrance fees to the châteaux
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Exclusions for Bordeaux Super Saver: Gourmet Food Walking Tour With Lunch Plus Médoc Wine Tasting
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
The minimum age to drink alcohol is 18 years
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.