From USD 166.88
Enjoy wine tastings galore with this Bordeaux Super Saver, which combines two best-selling wine tours for a discounted price. In Bordeaux, taste and learn about wines from Frances major wine regions including Burgundy, Ctes du Rhne and the Loire Valley and pair your tastings with bread, cheeses and cured meats. After lunch, visit two chteaux in the nearby UNESCO World Heritage-listed village of St-Emilion for more wine tastings and a walking tour of the vineyards. Numbers are limited to eight people on this small-group tour, ensuring a more personalized experience.
- All entrance fees included
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Lunch included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourSpend the first part of your day experiencing all types of French wine in the heart of Bordeaux, followed by a trip to nearby St-Emilion for wine tours and tastings at two beautiful château wine estates.
Inclusions for Bordeaux Super Saver: Small-Group Wine Tasting And Lunch Plus St-Emilion Wine Tour
- Local guide
- 3 wine-tasting sessions
- Guided winery tours
- 10 wine tastings throughout the day
- Entrance fees to two châteaux
- Transport by minivan
Exclusions for Bordeaux Super Saver: Small-Group Wine Tasting And Lunch Plus St-Emilion Wine Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Bordeaux Wine Tasting and Workshop
Start your day with a 2-hour, small-group wine-tasting session in Bordeaux’s city center. During this informative workshop, taste four different wines as an expert wine educator gives you an overview of French wine.
You'll discover the unique characteristics of France’s main wine regions including Bordeaux, Burgundy, Côtes du Rhône and the Loire Valley. Gain insight into the terms ‘terroir’ and ‘appellation’ and learn how to read a French wine label.
Taste two more wines as you enjoy a typical French appetizer platter of cheese, saucisson (sausage) and fresh bread. You’ll then practice blending wines using two leading varieties of Bordeaux, merlot and cabernet sauvignon. Discover how to analyze various aspects of wine including its color, smell and taste, and mix different varieties to create your own blend according to your personal tastes.
Follow your wine session with lunch at a traditional apartment in the city center.
St-Emilion Tour and Wine Tastings
After lunch, leave the city of Bordeaux behind and drive to the vineyards of St-Emilion, a UNESCO World Heritage-listed medieval village, home to 800 châteaux and renowned for its spectacular wines. Your guide will teach you about the Bordeaux and St-Emilion wine regions along the way.
Visit the traditional vat room and cellar of an authentic, private château. Wander through the vineyards while your guide explains the main varieties of wine in the region. After your tour of the family-run estate, enjoy another wine-tasting session to learn more about French wine, discover proper wine-tasting techniques, and practice your skills while sampling some of the château’s wines.
In the late afternoon, you’ll head to a classified-growth château overlooking the St-Emilion vineyards. Enjoy a welcome glass of wine accompanied by a platter of local bread, cheese and saucisson (dried sausage), and learn about the winemaking process from the vine to the bottle. The specific châteaux you visit vary, but may include Soutard, Ferrand or Pressac.
You’ll then take an evening tour of the village of St-Emilion, a typical charming French village dating back to medieval times and surrounded by the vineyards that took its name. Afterward, it’s back to Bordeaux to conclude your full-day tour.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
The minimum age to drink alcohol is 18
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Arcachon Half-Day Trip From Bordeaux Including Pyla Dune And Oyster Tasting
- Small-Group Wine Tasting And Workshop In Bordeaux
- Private Hot Air Balloon Tour Over Vineyards From Bordeaux
- Bordeaux Super Saver: Small-Group Trip To Arcachon With Oyster Tasting And Lunch Plus Médoc Wine Tour
- Mobile Wifi With Unlimited Data In Bordeaux
- Small-Group Medoc Or St-Emilion Wine Tasting And Chateaux Tour From Bordeaux
- Bordeaux Gourmet Food Walking Tour With Lunch
- Romantic And Fun Photoshoot
- Garonne River Cruise Including Dinner From Bordeaux
- Skip-the-Line La Cité Du Vin Ticket