Bordeaux Wine Tour: Three Wine Regions, Chateaux Wine Tastings And Lunch
OverviewInstead of just the usual wineries of St-Emilion or Mdoc, this wine tour also lets you experience a different side of Bordeaux. Wine taste your way through the prestigious St Emilion plus two of Bordeauxs lesser-known wine regions, such as Sauternais, Fronsac, Lalande de Pomerol, Entre-deux-Mers or Bordeaux and Bordeaux Suprieur, all while learning about the French art of winemaking from your expert guide. Sip signature local wines, tour the wine cellars, enjoy lunch at a beautiful wine estate, and finish by wine tasting at a Top Growth chateau in UNESCO World Heritage-listed St-Emilion.
- All entrance fees included
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Lunch included
Know More about this tourYoull be picked up near Place des Quinconces in central Bordeaux in the morning for your full-day wine tour. Aboard an air-conditioned coach, relax as you travel to one prestigious and two lesser-known Bordeaux wine regions to visit three winery chateaux, all of which are winners of the Best of Wine Tourism Awards in one of the following fields: architecture and landscape, accommodation, wine tourism services, sustainable wine tourism practices or innovative wine tourism experiences. On your drive, your guide will offer you a wine map and explain the various wine areas of Bordeaux, so you can get acquainted with the region.
Your first stop is a winery in Sauternes or in Bordeaux and Bordeaux Suprieur, and its signature sweet white wine is made predominantly from Smillon grape varieties but also from Sauvignon Blanc and Muscadelle grapes. Bordeaux and Bordeaux Suprieur appellation wines may be produced everywhere in Bordeaux, and represent more than half of Bordeaux's wine production. If you visit here, you'll try the red and white wines that embody the much-appreciated Bordeaux style of harmonious elegance and aromatic complexity.
Your guide will explain the winemaking process, from the vine to the bottle, on your tour of the vat room and the cellar filled with oak barrels. As you sample the winerys signature wines, youll receive tips about the art of wine tasting and pairing wine with food. For example, Sauternes wines pair perfectly with foie gras.
Your first tasting is followed by lunch at a wine estate in Fronsac, Bordeaux or Lalande de Pomerol. Fronsac is a village in the Gironde department that gave its name to the Fronsac AOC (Appellation dOrigine Contrle) wine. After lunch, its time to head to your last stop, a Top Growth chateau in the St-Emilion appellation where youll taste the wines made on the property. Sip wine and soak up the views of this UNESCO World Heritage-listed wine region.
At the end of your day, relax on the drive back to the city of Bordeaux, arriving at around 6:30pm.
Inclusions for Bordeaux Wine Tour: Three Wine Regions, Chateaux Wine Tastings And Lunch
- All wine tastings
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
Exclusions for Bordeaux Wine Tour: Three Wine Regions, Chateaux Wine Tastings And Lunch
- Gratuities (optional)
- Additional food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
The minimum age for this tour is 13 (18 years from 2018). Children under 18 will not be served wine on this tour.
Please note the tour is conducted in English and French at the same time
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Garonne River Cruise Including Bordeaux Wine Tasting
- Private Helicopter Tour Over Vineyards from Bordeaux
- Skip-the-Line La Cit du Vin Ticket
- Garonne River Cruise Including Dinner from Bordeaux
- Small group Medoc Food and Wine Tour with Tasting from Bordeaux
- Small-Group Medoc Wine Tasting and Chateaux Tour from Bordeaux