Boston Freedom Trail Day Trip From New York - New York City
OverviewSee the historical sights and famous universities of the Boston area on this full-day trip from New York City. After a scenic drive through Connecticut, arrive in Boston, Massachusetts. See top Boston attractions including Harvard University, Trinity Church and the site of the Boston Tea Party. Follow the red-brick Freedom Trail, which leads to 16 important historical locations including the Paul Revere House, the site of the Boston Massacre and the USS 'Constitution,' learning all about the rich and colorful history of Boston from your informative and engaging guide.
- Fully narrated tour
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
Know More about this tourYour full-day tour begins by traveling along the scenic eastern coast of Connecticut 220 miles (354 km) toward Boston, Massachusetts.
Stop at Cambridge to tour world-famous Harvard University. Stroll through Harvard Yard, see the huge Widener Library, and rub the shoe of the statue of John Harvard for good luck. Pass by two other institutions of higher learning the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and Cambridge College.
Next, cross the Charles River into Boston and view the majestic Trinity Church in Copley Square. Then, follow along the 2.5-mile (4-km) Freedom Trail, a mostly brick path that leads to 16 historical sites including Faneuil Hall, the site of the Boston Massacre and Boston Common. Break for lunch (not included) at Quincy Market, where you can sample local favorites such as clam chowder and lobster rolls.
After lunch, head to the site of the infamous Boston Tea Party. Throughout your tour, learn all about Boston's historical legacy and contemporary culture from your knowledgeable guide. In late afternoon, reboard your minivan for the trip back to New York. Your action-packed, 13-hour day trip to Boston concludes with your return to midtown Manhattan.
Inclusions for Boston Freedom Trail Day Trip From New York
- Professional tour guide
- Transportation by 15-passenger van or a full-sized bus
- Sightseeing of Boston
- Wifi on bus only
Exclusions for Boston Freedom Trail Day Trip From New York
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
For tours with fewer guests, vans may be substituted
Tours can be bilingual/multilingual as they are offered in many different languages
Children under the age of 2 are free, please advise at time of booking if infant is traveling
Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- The Sopranos Sites Tour
- Gossip Girl Sites Tour
- New York City Airport Luxury Departure Transfer
- Private Economy Arrival Transfer: New York Airports to Manhattan Hotels
- Private Economy Departure Transfer: Manhattan Hotels to New York Airports
- New York City Original Rock 'n' Roll Walking Tour
- Private New York City Transfer: Cruise Port to Airport
- Paint New York Icon and Exhibit